Game hangs when attempting to buy aquilas

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
When trying to buy aquilas, the game hangs right after you click on the amount you want to purchase. Does not matter what package, it stays on the spinning icon. I’ve left it sit while I had to do something else, but after 20 minutes it was still on the spinning icon.

I’ve investigated other characters. With cosmetics and with base game items.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
No crash report to provide. Game simple hangs/becomes non-responsive.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
No error is displayed.

Steps to Reproduce:
Try to buy aquilas. Consistently hangs/becomes unresponsive after picking the amount to purchase.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Between missions at the cosmetics vendor.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
5-Dec-2022 Attempted over several hours.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
I didn’t record it.

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-05-17.23.02-2c034227-993a-4ea4-b24a-c67af1c13b22.log (63.4 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
I did not see a launcher.log in the directory.

Hi @LuckyGorgon,

The Steam Overlay is required to make in-game purchases. Please ensure you have this enabled.

Thank you for the quick response. However, in-game purchases have worked fine in all the other games I play on Steam. This has been the 1st one to have issues. I ended up disabling/reenabling it and it started working for Darktide. Definitely odd.

I’d suggest having the developers put a watch timer on the attempt to open the overlay along with an appropriate error message giving the user at hint a hint that the “external purchase system didn’t open” or something along these lines. It would help Darktide appear more polished.

And a link in the response would have been nice.

For those that may have the same issue, please follow this link to Steam’s help on their overlay.
Steam Support :: Steam Community Overlay.