Game Freezes/stutter

I’ve made a post about sounds at here 2.0.7 audio
this problem is still here today. I think this is actually more than just sounds.

The game freezes from .5 to 2 sec when people are joining games. not just horde cleave.
This problem is less severe but still present if i’m the host of the game. but becomes massive issue when i’m playing on some1 else’s game. i’m starting to think this isn’t just a sound issue but a network or memory leak issue.

ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8ghz
16gb 3000 mhz ram
rx 580 8gb.
running on dx12 (because i’ve tried dx11 and it didnt change anything)

not sure what other info i should provide.

oh actually i am running on a g-sync monitor but with g-sync turned off (because using AMD atm) maybe that could be an issue? (probably not)

Upload your dxdiag to this thread: http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/fps-drops-stutters-and-your-dxdiags/31170/69

This issue fits better under “Technical Support”!

heres my dxdiag
DxDiag.txt (82.4 KB)

I too don’t believe this is an audio issue, I think something else is at play here!

Could you try performing a clean re-installation of your GPU drivers using the instructions here?

If unsuccessful, run a Selective Startup and see if there’s any improvement by:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Play Vermintide 2 as normal

Alternatively, you may need to check if one of your components is overheating. Please see here for information on how to do this.

I reinstalled my gpu driver with several restarts, but this problem persists.
i should reiterate that this stutter/freeze starts happening at the launch of 2.0.7. prior to 2.0.7 my game ran perfectly fine. also I play bfv, wow, vermintide 1, and many other 3d applications just fine. this is the only game that has this problem. I’m 99% sure its the patch that has done this.

I experienced the same thing after the 2.0.12 patch. Went through several troubleshooting like you did.
I decided to uninstall the game (through Steam), delete the game folder in Steam/steamapps/common, and install the game again (all 9000GB of it). Freezes gone.
Thanks, Fatshark!

I"ve done this when 2.0.7 launched, then did it another time in 2.0.9 or 2.0.10. it didnt fix anything :frowning:

I dont think this method fixes me problem.

Sounds familiar to me, having this freezes on player joining up, player dc, patrol/boss spawn triggers and sometimes on rats/specials spawning up just like u mentioned. From my point of view its network/eac related.

Try to monitor your frametimes using something like MSI Afterburner. For network activity on your PC u can use something like GlassWire to get better idea whats going on in background while playing game and is there anything interfering. Have same GPU as you, but dont think its GPU related. So just by using Afterburner you can say is it network related or hardware related issue. On my side I have no frame drops or frametime spikes when player joining but still have those freezes, while in same time nothing is using my bandwidth. Most likely netcode, synchronous calls freezing game execution until key network packet arrive to client side. I have no problem playing other online games.

Try to play private game in modded realm. I have no issues there, no stutters, just some frame drops here and there, but everything feels smooth on high settings, no 1-2s freezes on boss/patrol spawn.

Never hosting my own games just becouse of those stutters, noticed that whole party have hard time when it happens on my side as a host, so Im locked to private games in modded realm for now. Lone Warrior weaves in official realm seems fine as well, no stutters at all

ya i think its either memory issue or networking. the thing is it has never happened before 2.0.7, so it’s something the gamedevs done to the game. i think my pc is fine (including network).

plz fix this fatshark Q_Q

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.