Game crashing out of nothing

After the last patch (infamous javelin nerf), my game started to crash sporadically for no apparent reason. Sometimes it crashed middle mission, sometimes in the fort goofing around.
I’ve tried a lot of options and nothing seems to fix.
Tried updating GPU drivers multiple times, even with a clean install; tried to switch graphics settings to lower specs; disabled GSync; removed the ram-memory overclock; updated BIOS/UEFI; reinstalled the game multiple times; and everything else I could think of.
I’m so sad this is happening as I love the game so much.

I hope the logs can help you guys help me.

Log1:
GUID: 9c4f43ad-ed85-4628-8138-8b4fd6ccdde4
Log File:
Info Type:

Log2:
GUID: 7a67d9c6-f716-4e82-aa4a-e018c9afa26b
Log File:
Info Type:

Error Displayed (If Applicable): Game just closes.

Platform: Steam
Crash log and user settings uploaded.

1. console-2024-01-02-23.17.50-9c4f43ad-ed85-4628-8138-8b4fd6ccdde4.log (5.2 MB)
  2. console-2024-01-03-03.41.45-7a67d9c6-f716-4e82-aa4a-e018c9afa26b.log (7.1 MB)

user_settings.config (20.8 KB)

DxDiag in case you need info on my hardware:
DxDiag.txt (99.4 KB)

Hi @SiennaFuegonasus,

Sorry to hear this.

The first crash is GPU-related, though it’s not clear as to why. I can see you have up-to-date drivers and you’ve mentioned having tried several solutions already. I can only recommend to try our other solutions if you haven’t already e.g. disabling background apps, changing DirectX version, lowering worker threads etc. in our article, here:

As for the second crash, this one is actually a code-related engine crash which is already on our radar. We’re on the case!

Thanks for the reply, but nothing works.
I won’t be playing anymore until next patch to save the rest of hair I still got.

It’s really infuriating when I am on the final area of a pilgrimage and the game just crashes, making me and everyone else in my lobby lose 50 minutes (or more) of our lives with no progression torwards achievements, since there is no working host migration that keeps the match going. If we had, I could re-join.

I wonder how it’s gonna be when versus come out. It will not go well in P2P connection without a robust host migration.

I hope you guys fix this soon, my vacation days are almost over.
Any ETA on the patch?

Hi. Do you happen to have fsr emabled? My gpu is really, really finnicky. Not only is it a amd 5700xt, it is also a msi one which seems to have some QA issue. For some reason anytime any upscaler is enabled, i have a very high chance of the game hardcrashing my pc. Undervolting, bio update chipset update, driver update, nothings worked. This is extremely frustrating as it happens sporadically with no obvious signs. I only came to the conclusion thats its hardware related as i decided to mess with RSR and the same crash happened to games that ive owned for years and know for a fact never suffered this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.