Game Crashes PC

Please see the pinned post: About the Vermintide 2 - Technical Support Category to see what information to include in your report.

Hi,

I’ve been playing Vermintide 2 since launch. Chaos Wastes is almost unplayable for me at this point because it causes my CPU temps to throttle to extreme temperatures (90c-102c), forcing an immediate shut down. However, I receive no error reports other than my PC didn’t restart properly. I’ve lowered the graphics settings from LOW to LOWEST and still crash.

Dell XPS 8930
Cpu: Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20ghz
Ram: 32.0 gb
Gpu: nvidia GeForce gtx 1050ti
Psu: stock 460w psu.

I understand my current case DOES have airflow issues, but high temps have never been an issue, nor have I ever experienced a full PC shut down. Vermintide 2 is the only game I’ve played recently that has caused this issue. I know V2 is particularly demanding on the CPU.

Please help me get back to playing the game I love!!

Vermintide 2 is particularly demanding on the CPU like you say, so I can only recommend you address the underlying overheating issue at hand. Lowering the ‘Worker Thread’ count within the launcher’s ‘Settings’ menu may lessen the demand on the CPU.

Thank you for the response! I checked the worker thread count and noticed that it was set to 9! Do you have a recommended thread count to start for my particular CPU? If I lower it to 2, I’m sure it would drastically improve my overheating issue, but would it negatively impact performance of the game?

Play around with it, see what works for you. I’d say start a little higher than 2 to begin with though. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.