Fun ideas about potions, major changes

Is it though? Been running books since 2016, I don’t feel it.

1 Like

But it doesn’t matter if you feel it or not.

1 Like

LOL ok :laughing:

Don’t worry @Rebel if I ever see you in game, I’ll carry the books for you so you don’t feel the difficulty change :smiley:

I am not sure if this is a language problem but Rebel is right. Throwing a ball through a 1 m diamter ring is harder than throwing it through a 100 m diameter ring (by same distance). You having a success rate of 100 % does not change this fact.

Books mean you have less room for error and less ressource available. If you need this room and ressource at all doesn’t have an effect on the general statement.

There is also the problem of extrapolating from oneself to the whole community. Books make the run more difficult for the average community member.

3 Likes

Books are most certainly a difficulty increase, albeit a very artificial, boring and perhaps not particularly brutal one.

Honestly though I’m not sure what could be done to make book runs any more interesting/difficult. There’s a bunch of ideas already in this thread and a bunch of ideas I could throw out there but none of us can really say how well they’d fly without thorough testing…and there’s no guarantee this is something fatshark cares to even look at. It’s not exactly a high priority problem, hell it might not even really be a problem at all.

1 Like

This is the “issue” I think. There is no need for Fatshark to look at them currently as they have other priorities and the System is working to a certain degree although boring.

I intended to make a thread about Tomes&Grims for a few weeks already but was to lazy for it. It is more or less a summary of already rejected ideas. But I may finally do it, as soon as my internet works again at home (or I will waste more time on work).

2 Likes