FS: Don't charge for upcoming classes

I disagree. The subclasses add extra flair to your character’s appearances and feel within the single class. Just adding extra abilities is lackluster. It was cool in VT2 to have different variations of the hero. It wasn’t just about the different abilities.

I thought it was self evident, but yes I think they should add cosmetics to match the theme. If the next ‘class’ is a Gun Lugger Ogryn, then there would be new Gun Lugger abilities to choose from as well as new Gun Lugger cosmetics in both stores to choose from and some that can be earned by penances.

1 Like

There is easy sales argument to be made here.

Add new classes for free, make money on class specific cosmetics. I’m sure you will make more money over all that way and a much happier(and larger) player base. Good will of your community is a moneymaker here.

1 Like

Are we talking new classes for VT2 levels of greed, you know, that whole splitting the character and its cosmetics into two separate DLCs and then make people who bought it have to grind out achievements to actually unlock what they paid for.

Or, are you suggesting just giving the entire class set, achievement cosmetics included, for free, and just make their money from separate cash shop cosmetics for that new class, cause thats at least reasonable.

Community good will only goes so far, getting nickled and dimed after dealing with this launch is probably not something people would appreciate at this point, and even further down the line.

2 Likes

I was thinking the second option you mentioned. Even best money making free to play games know to be generous and people will still splurge on cosmetics. And this isn’t F2P title.

On cosmetics note, I want hair on my face cage cosmetics… Bolding issues are rough in 40k.

Exactly. If a player has incentives to keep playing they are more likely to give the company more money. Locking classes behind pay walls (and in my opinion only having 5 operator slots) means that when you hit lvl 30 there really isnt much to play for. The endgame is weak. Free classes and more operator slots will mean more money spent in the shop for more cosmetics and the game having a longer lifespan.

Sometimes greed can actually limit the money flow.

1 Like