From Malice to Heresy, too big a leap?

Yeah but that’s comparing a polished game with multiple years of development to something a month out the gate… I discount random deaths like loading in and immediately falling through the floor to my death, or a mutant running me through the wall then dropping me in a room I can’t get out of, or spawns appearing at point blank range on that desert tower because it’s not fixed yet, or dog audio cues not making sense/working, or dog physics being bonkers, or … etc etc etc :wink:

It’ll get there with time, but at that point I think you’d agree that Damnation’s easier than Cata !

Much like loading into a street fighter bracket with little understanding, you’re not going to learn much if you lack the knowledge to read situations and gauge appropriate risks. Working on malice with the intent of preparing for heresy is a chance to practice fundamentals without the time loss and frustration of repeated wipes on heresy.

In OP’s case, I would not be surprised to hear they are packing suboptimal ranged weaponry. That’s often make or break in handling numerous specials. He talks about losing all toughness to flamers. Pro CSGO bombers are a threat on all difficulties, but flamers naturally waltz right into range for every gun AND have a slower windup than trappers. Would help to get some clarity on this from @Eyestabba

Well first you’re not speaking to what you do, or taking into consideration your positioning.

TLDR git gud.

I think you should work on kiting back to your teammates. Malice being too easy can be a trap of bad habits.

One player running ahead on Heresy+ can spell a Tidalwave onto your team. Especially if they are not co-ordinated.

MY team? Thats implying you’re going down last? If this is the case, then your doing better than most. But you need to make a play, revive someone instead of relying on.

If you want to improve you should go into it. But also this is an alarming trend where people like to point the blame. The biggest and easiest one ive seen is vet = shoot sniper. But this can easily open up a downward spiral where you are making excuses for yourself because someone didnt shoot the dog on you, or the sniper or (it goes on…and on…)

Weird hunch, do you play Zealot?(Preacher)

Also, what weapons are you running? what JOB does your melee accomplish? (single target or horde)

What JOB does your range weapon accomplish? (horde or elite)

It definitely encourages you to read situations better or just play a veteran and your job basically stays the same however you still would need to be a bit better at that job.

I play Zealot (without the cheese build) and my first Heresy went pretty bad due to lack of teamwork and my not being amazing didn’t help, but if you learn from it you’ll get better, my second heresy run was successful but still could see things to improve on…just don’t be that guy/gal who thinks they are perfect and everyone else needs to play around you and instead learn from your mistakes try to see what you can do better and how to fix it and you will improve.

The main thing with that Malice to Heresy jump is the problems those extra ranged mobs cause, you need to understand what you should engage on and what you should not before you put yourself in an open space.
The Heresy to Damnation difference did not seem all that bad once you got used to Heresy difficulty since you already learnt to read situations better.

The problem with the difficulties is that 1-3 teach you bad habits that will instantly end your run in 4-5, and FatShark took the easy way out, and instead of making the situation more difficult by make enemies smarter and giving them more tools/numbers to kill you with, they just upped the damage, stagger, and health they have.

Also upped the number of enemies especially ranged.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes it’s ridiculous when they spawn on top of you from thin air or a door, you don’t even get to react.