Force sword nerf from the minority of psykers

I saw a lot of people complaining about the Psyker sword costing Peril and didn’t think anything of it. It only costed 4 peril and it was one of the easiest things to keep going, with the change to now stamina the sword has turned to near garbage levels. Why listen to the feedback of a few Psykers who may have never made it past T2 and will drop the Psyker overall? Psyker is supposed to be risk/reward, yet all the risk keeps getting taken away when the rewards are already slimmed down as well.

TLDR; Please revert the force sword or at least up the stamina on the sword to make it more fluid. I don’t know why the change was even green lit to begin with, this single change is making it hard for me to want to play the support role. Psyker is immensely useful on higher tiers from the force sword CC and head burst of high priority specials in backlines. Now it’s feeling more lackluster with control and while head burst is still really strong, unless you are on high tiered difficulties it just feels more like a gimmick (unless your team is just that bad).

Long time Sienna vet of V2/V1, it’s sad to see the same drastic hits over and over that Sienna got from release till now also hit the Psyker. Soon enough it’ll end up with Psyker just as underplayed as Sienna, please don’t go this direction.

9 Likes

I also didn’t mind the Peril cost on shove. Heck i actually play melee way more often than is advisable to abuse the force aword special at 100% peril.

That said, you can’t claim the majority of feedback was from a minority faction unless you can present an equal mob that feels the same as yourself.

3 Likes

If you look through the posts, there are hardly that many talking about it, according to steam charts there are over 50k average players, so yes you can say so. That’s the problem with listening to a vocal minority.

1 Like

Yeah I completely agree. I saw a LOT of high level psykers making good use of the force sword push ingame at high difficulties, and very few who seemed to be struggling. I personally loved it prior to today’s patch. It doesn’t make any sense thematically anymore either. Why does a warp ability cost stamina instead of peril? It’s inconsistent and weird.

Fatshark needs to keep in mind that the forums are not representative of their playerbase, they’re representative of a minority which likes to complain (that I include myself in, of course).

4 Likes

Yeah, Psyker already has a lot of forgiveness compared to Sienna with overcharge. I’m sorry, but if people can’t handle using 4 peril for a push… they probably shouldn’t be playing Psyker anyway. Everyone making these complaints aren’t going to stay around with Psyker in the long run as it is.

3 Likes

sword should be nerfed, it’s stupid how i can sit in a corner and hold a horde back until my squad makes it to me

I think it was really strong, but instead of nerfing to stamina, it should have been increased peril cost or the range reduction that it has now. Not removing peril all together. Some even think this was actually a buff somehow…

2 Likes

So they added a nerf, then scaled back only half the nerf and gutted the range to compensate.
From the nerf they added in the first place.

…Why? The weapon already requires carpal-tunnel inducing block cancelling.

2 Likes

In all honesty I don’t understand why they are doing balance changes before release in the first place.

1 Like

Why even have a beta to find bugs and game breaking glitches?

So the game would be more balanced and not broken on release, to not make big changes to how things work and upset people?

That’s not balance changes, the beta should be strictly for bugs and game glitches. The balance changes have nothing to do with those. Right now the most important thing they need to fix are the crashes and errors people are encountering. Not sorting out which classes some people thing require changes. Balance changes typically come after a release especially in a PvE game to have a wider audience and bigger sample size/time frame to more understand what needs to be toned down/up.

2 Likes

…because that’s what a beta is for?
To tune things before general release…

We don’t have access to all content and most players aren’t even doing the max tiered content… yet balancing for lower tiered levels without full builds available? idk about that one.

3 Likes

Yeah, really. Half of the opinions I see on here are really clearly from people with very little experience. Even for those of us who have put more time into the beta than we should, we’re early enough that it’s practically impossible to have an informed opinion on balance.

2 Likes

I believe attempting to make a game better is a good idea at any stage.

This is true, but without knowing whether it’s actually better or not to implement the changes, it’s not always a good thing. Why we need more time to see the route players take with the game/builds before attacking the traits/weapons without having end game set ups. I do think there is good with buffing up some weapons or talents, but bringing anything down/reworking functions doesn’t make sense at this point.

2 Likes

The entire premise of this post is off. ‘Force Sword nerf from the minority of Psykers’.

No one asked for the Force Sword to be nerfed. Fatshark decided by themselves that removing the peril cost from the push meant it needed to be nerfed. Personally, if I had known they would nerf the push so hard I might have just preferred to keep the peril cost on the weapon.

Also, I have no idea how you reached the conclusion that the people who gave this feedback, me included, “will drop the Psyker overall”. I can’t even begin to refute this statement because it is completely baseless.

6 Likes

Agreed, just as an example many builds in V2 didn’t actually shine until you got the end weapon traits/trinkets. Without having more people maxed out and having tried all the weapon traits, it should be hard for them to make an informed decision off the little we have experienced so far. I already have 70 hours in this beta and loving it, but would really prefer for them to wait on balancing and just work out fixing the game for those who can barely play or even can’t play.

2 Likes

That isn’t meant to everyone, but a lot of people will drop the game or even the psyker as a class whether or not this change was implemented. The same thing happened in V2, magic was really popular and then players tinker off because the weapon variety typically isn’t as good as what the other classes get. Many also think they love the overheat/peril playstyle but get burnt on it. In no way shape or form was that meant as an attack, just based on observations. It just sucks when people give this sort of feedback, but usually don’t stay so those who do have to suffer with that permanently (unless ofc it ends up reverted or changed again somewhere down the line).

If we learned anything from V1/V2 though, usually those balances stay and don’t get changed much later for the casters. I apologize if that offends you, but this change just really irks me since I had to watch all this happen back in V2 until Sienna became pretty much only 2 classes with very cookie cutter builds. A lot of my favorites were gutted in that game and I never spoke out, this time I just needed to let out steam and hope that others shared the same sentiment. I am a bit more of a hardcore player than others so I get that and I understand not everyone is going to enjoy doing the highest difficulties, but I still feel those are what the game should be mainly balanced off of.

P.S having the peril added to the block imo added a higher avenue of skill for the class which I find healthier for the game overall. If anything the peril should have been slightly increased because of how strong it was. Right now with it being stamina for it and only having 3 stamina bars, you instantly run out just trying to get to an ally and not having the stamina to push things away. Being a squishy class that’s kind of a big deal, just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I still don’t think the push needs to cost peril because it just wasn’t fun. It was annoying to be in high-peril, dangerous situations and to not be able to push without killing yourself. Simple as that.

That said, I don’t like the way the push is now, it feels a lot weaker and it takes a lot of the flavor out of the weapon.

I don’t understand why FS couldn’t just only remove the peril cost and see how it shakes out. They seem way too afraid of making things OP.

And in case it matters (which it seems like it does to you), I also very much enjoy the higher difficulties and regularly ran Cataclysm and True Duo Cataclysm in V2.

1 Like