FIx crafting it keeps killing your game idk why its so hard to understand

Crafting is bad (not news i know) but i have quit this game atleast a dozen time because of it idc about breaks point idc about upgrading my weapons base stats but when blessings create entire new builds to try and i have to submit myself to weeks of grinding to get a blessing JUST to try a build ive theroy crafted that i dont even know if ill enjoy ingame is beyond Fing ridiculous. Break the locks, have alternate ways to unlock blessings, OR JUST SCRAP THE ENTIRE RNG ASPECT ITS NOT FUN use like a points based system or something idk but anything has to be better than this.

I know theere is like a dozen threads of this already but i just dont know how else to get Fatshark to listen other than the community spamming the same thing over and over and over again. The steam reviews talk about this, the forum talks about this, hell almsot every darktide related discord offical or otherwise has pages and pages of people complaining about it. its insane it hasnt been addressed yet

19 Likes

I would love that they remove the RNG part of the game… I just don’t see that happens.
Like the locks removal…

However, they need to fix, at least, Brunt’s armoury.

2 Likes

Imo the worst part remains blessing acquisition.

3 Likes

That’s like the only part that works half way…there’s at least a chance of seeing something and pulling it, with multiple opportunities for some weapons for multiple characters. Its also a lot more value discharging precious materials for this purpose.

They absolutely thrashed all methods of getting something high in base value. Even if it sits at Melks it just has lower quality perks/blessings than normal, and Peddler’s hourly shop is basically locked to T1/T2 as well. And for as garbage as Brunt’s used to be it seems to favor all low end now, like they forgot how Gaussian distribution is supposed to work.

And yes multiple ruined new weapons has me hating the system still, despite finally breaking past it through sheer play time with the other stuff. Get rid of all of these player hostile mechanics they can’t even come out and give a comment on besides ‘we just think they’re neat’. Its like they’re also held hostage by the design or something. That person is a martian. You should not be filled with more dread heading to the crafting table in this game than you are filling out tax forms.

3 Likes

Yeah, a chance. Its a complete slot machine. I have had numerous people report complete failure to acquire a blessing after spending 40+ thousand plasteel on upgrades. If you can’t get a blessing, you can’t get a blessing. But you can go roll 2 mil at brunts and definitely get some good rolls to upgrade.

2 Likes

the blessing farming can be done with every weapon you encounter lol. when you are done with farming blessings you realize that it was a waste of time because you can’t actually apply them how you want because of locks, and the bigger issue is well over 99% of the item stream being trash.

a whole lot of blessings didn’t somehow make the new items easier to acquire, for instance. not even remotely. nor did playing the game for like 10million cash and an easy 5 million in weapons I could break down, because that joke math didn’t check past the reality of the game. its easily the fault of the damn locks, like if you are still worried about blessings you’re in the honeymoon phase thinking there’s something even remotely deterministic about the current crafting. they make you feel better slightly. you need to get uber lucky to have any weapon not be ruined. having a whole bunch of pity things you could apply to salvage part of it when it still needs to go 50% right doesn’t solve anything really.

2 Likes

Fatshark believes that wasting our time and making us frustrated will make us magically open our wallets and spend them in the macrotransaction store.
Remove the locks and give me a way to increase the percentage values on a weapon and I know I’d spend so much time and effort maxing out my favorite weapons.

3 Likes

i have 800 hours and literally have no money
if not rerolling the contracts then testing or trying to upgrade drain my mats
endgame shouldnt be rng, it should be having fun
i have 1300 hours in v2, only dropped it because how . . . bad was the belakor update
would play modded but most vets on the server either dont play anymore, including dt, or the premades are full
having reds in the game wasnt the problem, as always it was balancing and performance

1 Like

Any topic withy keywords “crafting” “item acquisition” “materials” are automatically ignored. So massive is their arrogance about things being fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Y’know I genuinely have to wonder if that’s what’s happening.

Catfish no longer replies on crafting threads, the CMs seem to be actively ignoring it, no mention is made of adjustments to the system…

2 Likes

We can create daily threads about how Fatshark sucks at their job as developer ignoring this glaring issue. Also put it to social media and make it trending.
We need to really really annoy them to force their hand.

Close. The worst part about it is actually that adding anything extra weapon wise on the faulty foundation that was built compounds the issue.

Adding a new revolver for zealot/veteran makes getting a specific shovel variant much less likely to happen.

The more items added to the pool the worse the acquisition process becomes.

I remember early on for my ogryn it was actually silly easy to get the blessings and power levels on items I wanted due to the small size of the weapon pool.

I’ve farmed everything I want over my 1500 hours played. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for a starting veteran player at this point.

3 Likes

Agreed. It is a big turn off when trying a new weapon and you notice you are 0/8 across the board on blessings. Also scrolling through the inventory is beyond tedious. UI update please.

(Band aid) Solution: Add the perk descriptions greyed out instead of a “?”.

At least this way I can look at the build potential to see if any blessings pique my interest.

2 Likes

We should get at least twice as much Plasteel, too.

Seriously, I made 4 of my new weapons Transcendent-tier and I went from having 9,000+ Plasteel and 8,000+ Diamantine to having 2,000+ Plasteel and 4,000+ Diamantine.

It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s already stupid that we have 4 pages with the tiers of blessings, we should have only one page with the highest tier of blessing that we have obtained it. I’m not going to put a lv2 blessing on my weapon when i have the option to put a lv4.

1 Like

There’s a mod for that… but there shouldn’t have to be.

I have seen people make extra accounts to increase chances of getting the blessing. “Vet power cycler farmer #3”. Get different characters to level 30 and then just use them as another chance at melks for rolling :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re turning a Warhammer 40k game into a Warshovel 40k game.

1 Like
i hope they never do frankly

Afraid of what they could come up to

its not really crafting, a craftsman’s results would be less random. perhaps the machine spirits are willful

1 Like