Feedback on 1.05 live and why I can no longer recommend Vermintide 2

One problem with this. Even before the patch Red items could come from General and Emperor champion difficulty chance with ~3% from general and ~6% from emperor. The first two chests on Legend had the same or a little less % for reds the first jump in chance was Soldier Vault with about ~10%. So this is nothing new just very VERY few people knew about this because not everyone hunted down the datamined loot table.

Ok, I understand but I think that we should not consider the issue as a philosophy. The game is also a commodity and the market decides about it.
Everything is related to planning and the right market strategy. There is no space for philosophy here.

Letā€™s not look at others too. Examples given by you are mostly companies that have been operating for many years and have many products. You have to fight for the clients, and this fight is not about copying others solutions.

In short, the client decides what he wants to get and what he will pay for. And if the client wants something, then you have to ensure it. Well, weā€™ll see what the first DLC will look like and what it will have to offer.

For it to be clear, these are my thoughts and observations. In the game I have 250 hours and I do not play for cosmetics and better loot

thx. i feel the same way. so far my experience with legend, i can point out what we SHOULD have done for every wipe, and my subsequent runs become more cautious, and win rate goes up because we take those precautions and LISTEN and react, not just push forward blindly.

i win roughly 1/3 of my legend games quickplaying solo with randoms, more especially if iā€™m paired up with a familiar host whose playstyle i understand (i tend to see some familiar names after quickplaying for a while)

you canā€™t say 99% of all runs cannot be finished. you are talking about YOUR own experience. thing is, quickplay is a melting pot of personality and RNG, youā€™re gonna get good players and bad players. the only constant is YOURSELF. learn from mistakes, learn how to adapt to playstyles, and youā€™ll win more games. there are tips and tricks for every map as well which you can learn to exploit (not hacking, just regular play, good positioning or places where itā€™s easily defendable)

an example: sometimes when my party already has an elf and sienna, iā€™ll run a BH just to be their nursemaid. they run up to do their thing, killing things, but iā€™ll only spring into action when theyā€™re in trouble (stormvermin getting real close, leech porting behind them, some slave rat going to poke them in the butthole) i support them, go at their pace, focus on killing specials, and the whole run goes a lot smoother.

iā€™m not trying to be elitist, the same argument can be made for people complaining about recruit mode to legend mode. hereā€™s a post for reference:

2 Likes

If you want to talk about the market deciding things, Vermintide 2 is very successful and smashed the sales of the first game. Still very positively rated to. The market has spoken.

Unless youā€™ve got credible data to say otherwise that is where we are at. Because when talking about the market either you have data or you have unproven speculation.

1 Like

Quickplay is a huge mess in legend, in 6 hours of constantly playing legend at one day, i never encountered people who actually were experienced in legend at all. V2 is not my first teambased game and i am able to spot an experienced player, when i encounter one. This is something you need to know when playing a support character in teambased games. I always run after the best ones and adapt to their playstile. Even in V1 it was easier to spot the good players in cataclysm. But this here is just a huge mess, because the obvious majority of legend players cant handle the difficulty. Doesnt matter how much i improve, its just unfavourable rng to finish a map with randoms and that shouldnt be the case in a teambased game that should focus on skill. One big problem is the huge difference from champion to legend, like it was in V1 with nightmare and cataclysm. Another difficulty in between should exist.

I have the questionable honour of having no red drops now since the droprate has allegedly been drastically increased, but before, I had 4 red drops (3 of em weapons) and one cosmetic. I am not certain if that is a bug, but I canā€™t imagine that the drop system is working properly (because as of now, we do have quite some people who just canā€™t get any veteran items, and it seems I have become one of em). Not saying that I am not happy with my 4 reds and all, but seeing that some people have so many red necklaces and trickets drop, I opened around 30 vaults and about 15 chests that could drop them (about 10 of them emperorā€™s vault, the majority of the rest being generals) and the stuff I get from emperors isnā€™t even level 300 most of the time.

Hey, Iā€™m not undermining the sales success that has reached V2 anywhere. The market has spoken, yes but first game also had a colossal influence on it.
However, I think that it is worth following the path of that success and if customers clearly demand something, maybe it is worth giving it to them, in order to keep the client longer with game, simple.

Letā€™s wait for upcoming DLC. I rly hope this is not one of the bigger ones ( only two maps and big one? b@#! please :confused: )

Problem is customers often donā€™t know what they want. Often times making the changes they ask for makes the game worse or causes them to play less and leave earlier.

So maybe donā€™t assume that developers not making your exact changes will be bad for the game lol. As shown, sometimes even doing the opposite is the best move.

4 Likes

they should add a @KrazyKruber DLC pack where you have pictures of monsters to fight in a baby-mode and you automatically get every red in the game for $19.99 lol

2 Likes

Of course the devs have to mass spam specials. What else can they do to make the game a challenge?

Its better to perhaps look at WHY the game isnā€™t challenging. +20 HP, reduced blocking costs, special abilities, career paths, etc. Remove that crap from the game and it would be unwinnable. Wouldnā€™t it?

A few months ago I pointed out that this was a Monty haul game in that the players were op and the only option left for the devs would be to spam specials and hordes to try to offer a challenge.

My contrarian point of view is that the game would be much more balanced and tons more fun without the spamming of specials and hordes AND the complete removal of all classes, career paths, and damn near 90% of the trinkets and gear. Simplify. Its why vt1 is hands down a much better game (more enjoyable, more repeat playability, less down to luck and more to skill, and less frustration) than vt2.

1 Like

Remove that crap from the game and it would be unwinnable. Wouldnā€™t it?

Harder yes. Unwinnable, no, not even close. Iā€™d say back to basics is much harder than what you propose and people do win at back to basics.

In the gameā€™s current state, a team of level 20 Witch Hunter Captains, using only green gear, could easily beat Legend assuming each player is skilled. The game has a very distinct skill-cap for many classes, and the base mechanics of how Push, Block, and Parry work are extremely strong. Strong melee skill along with a ranged weapon that can kill specials in 1-2 shots are all that is required to auto-win the game, sans bad Director RNG with boss+pat+horde spam.

I personally think VT1 was a much easier game if only due to Skaven being far, far easier to deal with than Chaos, and their inclusion created new hyper-density issues that make the game very unfair in many situations. VT1 felt very linear, and losing was impossible with a pre-made, unlike currently.