Favorite Dialogue / Voicelines?

The voice lines in this game are pretty great. I know there’s a lot of complaints about them being “generic” compared to Vermintide, and while it’s true characters don’t have the same relationships and backstory or anything, I think the voice actors killed it. I enjoy the variety and there’s only a few personalities I don’t like at all, though I do wish we could change personalities.

Anyway, my favorite voice line comes from the Zealot Judge, it makes me laugh every time a Psyker goes down and he just says “A worthy attempt at martyrdom, Psyker.” Like he’s legitimately proud of them. Literally the Psyker can die in the most pointless and pathetic way imaginable, but my Zealot says it like he’s actually very impressed. I can only imagine the Judge’s inner monologue when the Psyker self-destructs for the 4th time “Maybe the freak isn’t so bad after all.”

But yeah, what are some of your favorite voice lines?

6 Likes

i like the loose cannon vet in general. he’s intense but sort of in a comical way lol i like my pskyer the most, and i like the voice actress(the one with the french accent), but i’m not a fan of some of her lines. the “we fight for the innocent” lines is kind of cringe and lame, but i like how she sounds, so i just ignore it.

i think i like all the ogryn voices, but the one that says, “sah”, is my favourite. for the zealot, i like the scottish woman voice. she has a cute voice crack or squeal sometimes when she gets hit or knocked back lol i also like her banter.

1 Like

Literally any of the Cadian “Voice of Command” lines.

5 Likes

All of the voice acting and writing is exemplary imo. It’s made me actual lol quite a few times.

The psycher is the best. “it’s a good job this is a dream as I’ve killed an awful lot of people” :rofl:

7 Likes

In the elevator before the assassination target, it was something like this:

Bully Ogryn: “Thing. We’re here to do the thing. I forgot what we have to do.”

Loose Cannon Vet: “Lucky you, I wasn’t listening in the first place.”

4 Likes

“GET IN THERE, MAKE THEM SCREAM”

100% Cadian vet has the best VoC lines

2 Likes

Psyker screams before exploding.

1 Like

They really put their chests into it, too. I’m so glad that I chose to be a Cadian Vet.

2 Likes

“The ground betrays me!”
The zealots are so funny that I got into 40k lore entirely because of them.

I started liking them because people bag on anyone that is even slightly religious around here and where I’m from because they think everyone is an ignorant hypocritical fanatic. I just want to point at the zealot and say, “That guy just said God told him it was his destiny to steal your ammo. That’s a fanatic.”

1 Like

Irreverent Vet:

“I love work, me. I could watch it all day.”

I’ve pinched that one for my own use.

Funny how I seem to hear new dialogue lines every now and then, even after 900+ hours. I don’t think the exchanges are quite as good as VT2 though, but then they were all deliberately aggro’ing one another for fun.

1 Like

Darktide’s loading screens use quotes such as “Blessed is the mind too small for doubt” as if the people who willingly turn to Chaos are the smart ones (they really aren’t)

Another one from my favourite psycher “I’ve just had a terrible thought… What if I’m the dream and you’re the dreamer?!” or something along those lines anyway.

That voice actor delivers so many layers of humour in a few short words, consistently across all his lines, that it’s simply genius.

Also the way that a lot of it appears to be situational or semi-situational is also a bit of genius from the level and sound designers. Kudos fat shark. The audio, including the incredible music, makes this 40k world an intoxicating one.

The organ music in the hub gives me goosebumps every time. Love it all.

2 Likes

“I do have one underlying fear, Tim - I’m afraid that reality, as we know it, is someone else’s dream. When the dreamer wakes, I’ll no longer exist.”

1 Like

I will say I don’t really like the voice actors for Female Professional and Female Loner all that much. They just don’t sell it as well compared to their male counterparts, and given the choice between sarcastic Russian woman and angry German man, I’ll take the German every day.

That said, I do like an exchange between Judge Zealot and Savant Psyker:

• “A blow well struck, pilgrims!”
  • “Duty is borne better in silence than celebration.”
  • “Silence! I will offer praise where I see fit.”

Bro literally told someone to shut up and accept the compliment. Love him.

1 Like

I thought that the female Loner was Indian?

The Imperium is a fascist state and one of Umberto Eco’s 14 Characteristics of Ur-Fascism is a cult of action for action’s sake which manifests as strong anti-intellectualism and irrationality. Not only has the Imperium willfully discarded useful knowledge out of fear and fascist paranoia, but the Imperium is literally described as “the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable” and it’s deeply concerned that anyone will dare question it’s hegemony so shut up and work 18 hour days in your manufactorum or we’ll reduce your rations again. Don’t question, just obey.

The Imperium hits a lot of those 14 characteristics but the cult of action for action’s sake is probably the most deeply woven into the 40k background.

1 Like

Everyone on 40k is deluded but my favourite deluded maniac is the Agitator Zealot. I love how the Loner Psyker and Melk call them out on their high Gothic pronunciation. My favourite line is when she’s at low health: “Is this… MY blood?” As if the possibility of her own, personal failure never crossed her deluded mind. Clare Corbett’s performance is spot on as well.

The more that one understands Chaos, the more that one supports the Imperium.

The Xenos are not any better, as they either treat humans like cattle or are idealistic fools who will collapse while the Imperium endures.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, the loading screens also really hooked me, along with some of the psyker dialogue. The atmosphere of this game is soo good.

1 Like

You are right, the atmosphere and soundtrack of Darktide are both genuinely flawless.

2 Likes