Fatshark: Swords have a point

I don’t think this logic is relevant. There is hundreds of solutions on the forum already. This one is just one of many. The devs can’t objectively implement all of them. Thus the best we as players can do - is give the possible best solution, and let the devs decide if they want to implement it. They might ignore it, they might make it soon, they might make it late, they might implement it even in the next game.

Serious ?

I’m not saying whether or not the suggestion should be made; just commenting my thoughts on the likelihood of it occurring. Don’t get your hopes up, in other words. By far the most likely fixing scenario is a numbers tweak, as much as we’d all like to see more complex fixes in cases like this.

3 Likes

For the half-sword thrust (or even a quillon “murder strike” although that would take one hell of an animation) They could just use the “weapon special” button which is only used on the Rapier and nothing else. That’s a whole key bound to almost nothing for hundreds of hours.

Then they could keep the existing sweep on charged and also have a stab that would make bringing a 2H sword not paired with a shield penetrating ranged not such a huge risk.

They could, but it would be too unbalanced. There should be some drawback. Either a 3-4 stamina cost or delay on block. which would force you back away, instead of special+block spam. Anything, that would prevent you from spamming it. And stance is the best way for doing this.

Just a reminder that you are fighting against naked rats, and shirtless norscan warriors. No need to be historical friendly with hema’s.

1 Like

I was in no way suggesting full historical accuracy. Again, I’m saying that gameplay wise, those weapons are currently under used because of the high amount of armored targets in higher difficulties, and they are weapons that were perfectly serviceable against armor in reality by using their points. So align both factors and you can buff these weapons to be better against armor in-game by giving them a stab attack without having it seem “wrong” to players.

Then again, they did have the Falchion acting as a can opener on every attack, so that doesn’t seem to matter much.