Fatal Error! Failed to decompress, all the time

Issue Type (Required):

Error - Failed Decompress/Oodle Detected Corruption

Issue Description (Required):

The problem is more frequent these days, I started to occasionally get this crash maybe once a week. since 2 weeks, i am getting it more and more, once per day, then once per hour, to the point where i cant even load the game anymore. I

I suspect this is hardware-related based on the slow worsening of the issue. Please run through the solutions listed here:

Good morning Julia,

I already did and everything is fine at my end.

I also suspect a hardware issue. Since all of my other games and programs works perfectly However, i could also suspect that it could be because your game get patched frequently and that something may have change how it interact with my hardware.

I can read that there is an issue with the Brand and Model if CPU I have, and I cant help but feeling a bit abused by the situation. I mean, I played this game over 600 hours and suddenly, after a patch it hardly works, and its only for that program. In these circumstances I hope you will understand my sentiments.

Today I will receive my new RAM and will test them. If the problem persist, and since I tested everything else and all other program works fine, I will assume that something have changed at your end that is worsening the problem that make it impossible for me to play and we will take it from there.

Hello Julia,

Verify Integrity of Game Files : done about 20 times
Disable Your Mods : I don’t have mods
Remove the Easy Anti-Cheat Certificates & Install/Repair Easy Anti-Cheat : done
Add Firewall & Anti-Virus Exceptions : not an issue
Check Your Drives done, I even changed drives to two other different SSD
Check Your RAM : done on my first set, bought another set, done and done.
Check Your RAM Speeds: 3200 , done.
Disable Your Overclock: I don’t use Msi afterburner, whatever that is
Re-Scan Your MSI Afterburner Overclocks: I don’t use Msi afterburner, whatever that is
Check for Viruses and Malware: done
Disable Background Applications : I formatted everything, even with only window running, it doesn’t work
Intel i9 13900k/14900k and Intel i7 13700k/14700k: Under clock ‘Performance Core’ Speed : i wasn’t using XTU, so i installed it, and my CPU is at 53 already

I upgraded windows from 10 to 11, nothing
I tested my CPU, passed with flying colours
I updated ALL possible drivers
Updated my Bios
Then I reset the CMOS
I tested my computer on other games, it works pretty damn well on high and very high settings whatever the game.

So, Since i am no longer able to play and have access to my purchase because you made the game non playable for me,
I am very much sorry to ask you for a full refund of the game, and all related products, since I cant enjoy it anymore, the total refund would be 471.84$ CAD.
Please refund via my steam wallet, its sad, but it is what it is.

Looks like you may be right.

Let me take this Heretic of a PC to a tech that will do a full diagnostic and will get back at you .

I’m hopeful i will be able to play your wonderful and mostly addictive game again, and, desperate to see the repair bill if something is indeed wrong ahah.

Hello Julia,

I have hired a technician to examine my gear, and everything is in top condition. However, since I am unable to play the game anymore, I’m afraid I will need to request a reimbursement via Steam for the amount mentioned in my previous communication.

Thank you.

Hello! We can certainly refund Darktide for you.

Please provide me with the URL to your Steam profile. Thank you!

To be honest, this hurts, I Love this game.

If you ever fix that, please let me know, I will buy it again and start over