First of all: Warhammer is an amazing and great (okay it is not just great, it is awesome!!!) game.
I already played it for many, many hours! I loved the first Vermintide and I have to say that the second Game makes even more fun!
Well, after that statement is clear, let’s begin with:
Pros and Cons:
- It is just PvE - one of the biggest pros, because PvP would ruin this game in the long run!
- Beautiful graphics
- An amazing combat system and well balanced (there are still a few balancing wishes from me, but who has not, I listed the biggest at the end of this post)
- You can play this game on every difficulty in team or (if you have managed to gather enough skill and level with every character) with your bots
- The sound is amazing
- The feeling of the impacts in melee- and in ranged combat are fantastic
- The design of each and every stage is phenomenal
- There are many different types of enemies and bosses with own strenghts and weaknesses
- Many things to collect and many skins and frames to farm
- A total of 15 different classes, epic! Especially the slayer looks amazing!!!
- A well balanced talent system!
- The new ravaged arts look amazing, they are very, very beautiful
- It is WARHAMMER FANTASY! The implementation as coop-computer-game rocks as hard as one of these golden age metal bands! Fantastic work guys, really!!!
- Since the update (patch 1.5) there are often game crashes and it happens often to me- One time was extraordinary mean, because our full team got kicked in “the pit” right before reaching the blue bubble (end of the stage) in the new game mode
- There is a little bit too less motivation in the endgame
- There are many skins (heads, armors, weapons) in the game but they look all the same or very similiar, especially the armors
- The “Back to Ubersreik” DLC was for sure a nice meant DLC but to be honest, wrapping up old things, or let the players run through levels they already know is not a good idea. We want something new, and this kind of DLC’s are just convey that you guys have no more good ideas. And I know that this is not true! If there is comming up a new DLC, then it has to have something new and to be very honest: 2 maps, like in bögenhafen is too less content, especially long maps are not as funny in the long runs as they are in the beginning (exploring phase)
- There are no motivatable loot items in the long run. Examples: If you are running the same maps again and again and again with a class, you just get a skin (head) which isn’t looking as good as some other random loot skin. So after I farmed one of those heads I really didn’t felt like I will ever farm again another of those skins, because they are simply not worth the effort you put in.
Alright, after reading through my personal list of pro’s and con’s here are some ideas of mine to upgrade the game in a propper way. You can use all of my ideas or none, I really do not care, I just want to help you making this game a little bit more exciting as it already is.
Okay, here we go. I hope you guys are showing us complete new maps with the next dlc. We wanna see at least, lets see… hmmmmm 6 new maps and maybe you show us 2 epic new end bosses, like a vampire in a castle and a chaos dwarf with magical weapons in a fresh ruined dwarf stronghold or something like that. That would be awesome.
It would be awesome if you could do some very long quests, something were you have to fulfill many tasks (play a level with all weapons of a class, defeat 100 gutter runners with one special weapon, kill all bosses with all melee weapons, etc… you guys have a perfect glue of things like that) to get special weapons with special traits. And there really have to be many, so we can get them with all with, lets say 100 h+ effort. And this weapons really need to rock hard! They need a shinier, much more cool looking, individual, special skin.
Plus, if we have to work hours to get one of this epic items, it should prevent the player with an extra special trait, like: running speed +5%, atk speed +5%; hero power +20, etc…
Something like that would boost the motivation of all players like hell and it would be for the long run, because this special weapons would be extremely hard to get and it would take some time. But if you finally get one, you can show the other players that you are one of a mighty player + it is granting you a little bonus (not game changing, just a something like i meantioned before: running speed +5%, atk speed +5%; hero power +20, etc… )
You need to invest ~ 20 game hours to get get with the elve the:
poisonous gleve of the white lion general
- 2 properties
- 1 common trait
- 1 fix special trait which is fixed (for example: +poison dmg on normal hit, not much damage, just a tiny, little bit which is stacking for 5 sec with every hit)
- With an absolute epic design, special runes in the blade and a lion head on the backsite of the blade and it is shining very bright in yellow and light green
or something for the dwarf:
The lightning hammers of Grungnirs brother
- 2 properties
- 1 common trait
- 1 fix special trait (atk speed +5%)
- With an absolute epic design, one hammer looks like Thors hammer, the other one with a flaming dwarfen fist as head of the hammer and there are lightnings rushing through both weapons. And if you are doing strong attacks and the weapons get near to each other, lightnings will sparkle from one hammer to another.
And if you guys want to kill your fans with love, you will make a full armor set to each and every special weapon. Every armor should be farmable by the own (20h+ for one piece would be great) and granting also a set bonus if you wear it with the corresponding weapon (something very little, like movement speed +5%, or a few more points on defense, or dodge range + 5%, etc…)
And please, if you really decide on doing new armor sets, the come up with many individual fantastic styles. You have soooooo beatiful ideas, it yould be a waste if these special armors would look similiar to others.
You really need to nerv the last Victor (Zealot) a little bit and make the Berserker Bardin a little bit stronger.
Because no one is a better melee fighter then a Slayer, that is a Warhammer fact, but here is the status quo:
Victor is outmatching Bardin in the close combat with his new Falchion and Axe, plus he has ranged weapons, which is more than a benefit to the Slayer.
Dwarves have a higher stamina then humans, but the Slayer is dying much quicker then the Zealot.
Dwarves are stronger then humans, but the Zealot is doing more Damage than the Slayer (with the falchion and axe weapon)
The Zealot cannot die for a few seconds in a while which is a completely overpowered skill but the Slayer cannot do this? strange.
The Zealot has ranged weapons and the Slayer has none.
The Zealot is getting stronger and stronger if he loses more and more health, but the Slayer not.
There you really need to fix something because it doesnt matter how strong a human fanatic can become, he can never outmatch a dwarf, especially not a Slayer in survivability, health, stamina, or strength.
A few ideas to bring more balance between these 2 classes:
- You could make the Slayer as strong as the Zealot, or even stronger, because he has no ranged
- You could grant the Slayer the suvivability skill (not dying for a few seconds) and take it from the Zealot
- You could let the Slayer throw his second weapons, which would do the damage of a strong attack multiplied by 4. Then you have to kill the enemy, in which the weapons are stuck, to get them back. If you throw them out of the game (unreachable zones), you have to wait 45 sec to get them back automatically.
I do not want you to change a tanky class into something else or change a non tanky class into a full tank, no but I want some balance, because the Zealot is the most overpowered character atm, and that should not be.
As a real warhammer fan I have to tell you, that a Zealot can never outmatch a Slayer in close combat, so please fix a little bit here
If you are creating more content, you could implement a few more known persons from the warhammer universe, like Felix, Gotrek, Ulrika, Max, etc. and let meet the players them in in one or another stage. Not while combating in the game, but maybe in a cross scene before a boss fight starts.
Before the boss fight in the woods starts, Gotrek is slaying a Champion of Tzeentch nearby (An area where the players cannot reach them) and is hacking brutaly with his magical axe into the head of the fallen creature. After he is done with his enemy he is spitting on him and shouting in the direction of the players: “Hey! This one was mine, you can have that one behind you!”, after that Felix is joing Gotrek and asks him: “Gotrek, you are alright?”. Gotrek just snorts and say: “Manling, we already had worse, I am alive, so come on let’s search another doom! Hahahahahaa”. After that, both heroes run away into the woods and on the other side of the area a big boss monster is rushing through the trees, disrooting and throwing them away.
We really need more enemies. There are 100 different enemies in the warhammer universe and you have sooo much races.
We also wanna fight with our lovely heroes against:
- Lizard Men
- Orcs and Goblins (greenskins)
- Undead (Mummies, Vampires, skeleton warriors, ghuls, etc…)
- Beastman (all different styles and arts of them)
- Chaos dwarves
- Dark elves
- All different races and characters of the 4 chaos gods, which are many many many individuals.
And please, give us more bosses! We love to slay the big ones!
If you have in mind that you will just take one new race for ever Warhammer Vermintide game I have to say to you that this would be a fail.
Because if you are giving sooner more races, you can change the games which will come in the future with better combat systems, better stories, better loots, better bosses. I think we really need more diversification, because if you are presenting your (in my opinion) BEST GAME just step by step over years, the motivation of your fans will fall and you would not be different then one of those “shitty” Gaming companies “Ubisoft” or “EA”. These companies are just for the money and it seems like that you are not just after the money. Every real fan will buy every DLC with happiness and love in the heart, but you need to give your fans love in every deatail and from time to time something unexpected like a full new race and new bosses in one of your future DLC
I know you guys can do it, and I really love to see a game like Warhammer Vermintide in your golden hands. You have all of my faith and I know you will manage this to the best possible way.
Just promise me that you will stay true to your fans! From time to time it can get hard, but if you are giving your fans big parts of content, love, details, and some epic items, which need a large amount of time to obtain, then you will get much more back! Much more of all! Love, Money, positive wibes, amazing feedbacks and loyal fans!
I hope my feedback can help you in any way!
I wish you the best of all the luck in the universe!
You will do this!
Sorry for my broken english or incorrect grammar, english is not my native language!
Mephaisto, one of your biggest fans!