Enjoying the game? Review it!

That’s weird, I haven’t seen that happen yet.

That is mainly how I see it.
I would add to that PC crossplay. Dividing a playerbase was a big misstep by FS.
There seem to be many players that would want to invite their friends to play it, but cannot recommend it (yet?) as a purchase on Steam. If they were to try it out on GP that they are already subscribed to anyway… that might bring some more recruits.

This is been my number one complaint towards FS for years. They did it twice in VT2 and they’re still doing it with DT.

Yeah, i dont know, they acknowledged my bug report, whatever that really means.

Maybe my inventory is full on my zealot and my veteran, which would be kinda funny since there is no actual indicator anywhere that there is an item limit for our inventory.
Besides, i can still buy items from the shop that does show up in my inventory.

50% of the emperors gifts I’ve gotten since the closed beta either don’t appear in my inventory or come up as something else

I actually installed another version of DT (GamePass one) so I can play couple of missions with friends that were on the fence. Of course from Lvl 1, but it was not an issue. I enjoyed sharing my knowledge and be of help. Regardless now these friends cannot really play on GP due to staggeringly low player base and it did not help to convince them to make a Steam purchase. To be fair I also asked them to wait, I’ll tell them when game is in better state and yes I am also waiting on that bloody crossplay news.

I think its one of those sporadic bugs that dont affect the majority of players, so who knows when we get a fix for it considering that they have more pressing issues to deal with.

1 Like

I have stopped at ~100 hours. The idea of dealing with the items horrifies me so much that I’m not touching it until I see something enjoyable. Siloed classes add to it.

To remain on topic: yes, you summarized my negative review.

How many times will you repeat the same leading question, deliberately failing to understand what (almost) everyone is saying?

1 Like

Well we should all work out a list, of stuff you have tried.

Heres what Ive tried doing/not doing, and the following seem to be deciding factors so far (the exact combination or which I have no clue):

1. Using the auspex to scan/fix at least one thing.
  2. Not dying (not sure if whole group has an effect)
  3. Marking/Highlighting enemies, or loot.(not sure if the loot/medicae one does)
  4. Killing a few elites (not necessarily all)
  5. Staggering/Push.
  6. Picking people up.
  7. Horde enemies killed seems to count ( it seems its a minimum amount or something)
  8. staying in cohesion with at least 1 player( can be different across mission) something like 90% of the time.

Not doing any(or a specific unknown one) seems to either not meet a minimum reward tier, or does not grant you a trascendant item, only lower quality.

Sorry @Zarraya but why would we need/want to do that.
In my opinion it should be clearly stated by the game.
Heck if they failed to do it in game at least give official info on forums, reddit, discord anywhere.
Trust me I do not mind discovering games, I stared playing on PC in early 90s.
But with FS it is really annoying how many things are hidden from players.
At least in previous tides modders helped with that, in DT FatShark cut off their main Q&A and problem solving resource…

3 Likes

I agree, I just wanted to compare notes.

Yeah, I understand that, but currently DT is rng on rng, chased by rng… not sure notes will be of any value in this regard.
I have been wrong before though, so if you find a key let us know :smiley:

No, i mean, the pop up that says i have received an emperors blessing pops up at the end of the mission, its just that i never actually receive the item the emperor blessing tells me i received.

But we are going a bit off topic with this. I submitted a bug report about it a few days ago at least.

1 Like

It Doesn’t matter if you enjoyed it, reviews aren’t meant to represent your personal enjoyment, they should be an assessment on the objective quality of the game, and as it stands it does not meet expectations or its promises, its not even a finished game so it doesn’t deserve a positive score.

3 Likes

the game has a really good core 10 itsh % that make me WANT to like it. because its that same 10% that made me put in 500 hours into vermintide
but the other 90% of the game (eg. crafting, performance, STABILITY, balance, mission variety, etc) that are just terrible. and that sucks. i preordered this game within an hour of it being available, I got the imp edition and another for my brother. i also convinced 3 friends to get it as well.
now I wear clown makeup whenever I talk about this game because I said “there’s no way fatshark would mess it up, they made vermintide, its gonna be good”

i live in a clown world and I’m the honkiest

6 Likes

Post a pic plz :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, but leaving a negative review, and not making it clear that you are enjoying the game, but the negative review is due to the following issues, is a misuse of the power being able to review a game gives consumers.

If you flat out hated the game, and never played it again, then yeah leave a negative review, I would do the same. But if you are playing it, and find urself playing it a lot, its irresponsible and counterproductive to your own interests to not at least make that clear in your review.

In order to get the changes we want the game has to at least seem like it has a chance of being successful, otherwise they will cut there losses, and move on.

This does not mean people should change there reviews to positive, just be responsible about how you use that power, and make it clear to others why you are doing so.

A consumer can use the “power” of review however they please, it comes with the price paid.

5 Likes

I can’t recommend the game in its current state to most people. This doesn’t mean that I personally won’t find some enjoyment in the game. I also watch trashy movies that I wouldn’t recommend to people who weren’t ready for that experience.

DT’s stability has come a long way, but I still crash or disconnect frequently and there’s major issues with hits or keypresses not registering mid combat. They also haven’t even finished a major component of the crafting system. It’s earned a “fun combat when it works, but probably best to wait until later” review.

6 Likes