Embrace it

Embrace these aesthetics

16 Likes

I have. I’ve often stopped to look. My favourite view is out of the arches on Relay Station TRS-150, at the start. Dusty.

Of course I’m on a fairly old 2070 so in order to get 50-60 fps I don’t have it on the settings you do :wink:

iirc there was a comment made by the graphics design team that they’d done all this beautiful work, but no-one stops to look. Maybe there should be a screenshot appreciation thread. Maybe this is it!

2 Likes

I also stop to look in awe sometimes.

In V2 there are various points, on a lift or moving platform, that almost forces you to stop and look while the team has a wee chat.

I kinda miss that, especially considering the scenery and design in DT is even more visually impressive.

2 Likes

My favorite scenes are in the dark. And what’s great about the dark is that normally, it’s used as a cheap way to hide what would otherwise be hard work. Used as a shortcut. But in this game, the dark enhances what’s already there and makes it so awesome when the lighting is right.

6 Likes

All screens I’ve made by now:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Wish architectures were utilized in gameplay like go fight on roofs. Or like in the Silo Cluster you can see there are giant pipe and scaffolds above. Imagine if the whole mission was a megastructure you start at the 1st floor and go up, and at the final you can see the starting point, kinda like levels are in Souls games.

4 Likes

Yes, would be amazing. A great concept for a “survival free roam” mission or like that.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Does ANYBODY know the name of this music?

1 Like

There’s no denying that visually the game is absolutely stunning. :heart_eyes: And I don’t just mean the graphics, I mean the art & style itself.

2 Likes

I think almost everything in this game looks and sounds amazing and feels quintessentially 40k but there’s one area where I am a total hater.

The player character design. Why are we so lanky? Why are we all hunchbacks? Why are there no normal, baseline faces and hairstyles? Why do all the veteran pants have weird long socks sticking out of the boots on the thinnest ankles and calves you’ve ever seen? Why is there such minimal (if any) visual distinction between male and female models? Why are there named sets/outfits that don’t even have matching/complementary camouflage patterns or colour schemes? The list goes on. Peculiar artistic choices aside, there’s all the actual quality issues with clipping, weird/bad deformation etc.

Everything else is near visual perfection though but for whatever there’s this giant blind spot, at least to me. I wish there was a slower paced mode, that wasn’t just easy, where you could actually have time to take in the scenery, because it really is impressive and could help build immersion and emotion if it got the chance to be in the spotlight. The prologue intro mission is a great example of the vibe I’m talking about. It sets the stage so well and looks cool too. Really delivers on that feeling of other things going on around you and that you’re just one small part of a greater event. It’s a feeling that always helps deliver added immersion but it gets largely lost by the hectic pace of the game itself.

In any case, the environment team deserves the credit. They did a great job.

2 Likes

When they’re good they’re really good, but don’t look at the ground textures out of bounds on carnival, hourglass or throneside maps. You look up first and it looks cool and amazing, then you look down and it’s instantly just big boxes of repeating tiling textures with nothing on them