My humble opinion

Darktide is boring.

Sorry, but is what I think and feel. I played like 5 matches, I stopped playing it.

To me is like a L4D 3. Is nice, but nothing surprising…

• Player characters are just something “general”, they don’t have their own personality. I would prefer to have characters like in Vermintide. Maybe we could have both options.

• Maps styles look all the same, and too dark. I know people will say that “it is supposed to be like that”. I don’t care, I will not play all times same style maps. In Vermintide you have forest, town, castles, snow, etc.

• Why filthy normal humans (and ogrin). I would like to play as Space Marine, Eldar, etc.
    People tells me that a Space Marine would kill too easy the enemies. If enemies are orks, tyranids it would be not that easy.

• In general there is nothing new, like I said.

I know these would be BIG changes, but I wanted to say it.

Thanks for reading it.

Best wishes.

For many of us, this is a large appeal of the game. You are nothing special, just a cog in the massive imperium war machine. You still get the job done, though. Space Marine 2 releases next month, personally i will enjoy both games.

14 Likes

Honestly, that makes me happy. DT is pretty much, in gameplay, exactly what I wanted from it.

6 Likes

What a lad, this has to be one of least effortfull feedback, if not a bait.

8 Likes

That’s mostly due to VT1/2 having only 5 character to riff on, while DT has to do it on 12 (+9 if we count the gender personalities as separate)

Which is done cause people want to be able to play as all Veteran, or all Ogryn

Which would be weird if it played as all Kruber…

I mean yea, there are some lack of variety in the maps, but they’re bringing new sectors, Carnival is somewhat more castle town looking, and the last sector is basically a snow sector

Because they’re rarely used in the 40k video games, and that they offer nice variety in the possible game types

You wouldn’t really have a game that let you play as both SM and an Eldar, except if they did it with a Rogue Trader (and in which case, why would the RT bother with fighting a tide)

They could have done a SM game against the current tides (Chaos Gate pit GK against normal cultist), that’s not really the problem, the problem is that you can’t do SM and normal human alongside each other (Could do Tech Priest and Sororitas possibly)

But the main reason they didn’t do SM, is that they get most games anyway. Like even since DT launched we’ve got Boltgun and soon we’ve got SM2

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been saying since launch. Totally agree with you. V2 dialog when characters talk to each other during missions is way way better.

idc either. I don’t like the design either. it’s boring and depressing.

They keep adding weps and barrels. I rather have them add more classes. The only thing keeps me playing this game is the combat. I quite enjoy it a lot. After a long coding session, shooting and slashing heretics in DT kinda relaxing.

1 Like

Most of the draw for this game comes from how well they’ve done melee combat in this game, not saying that the ranged options is any less fun… but I don’t think you have fully enjoyed the one fun strength (and that is the combat!) of this game by playing 5 matches.

4 Likes

This is a completely fair point. The characters in the name of customization have lost most personality or any real originality. The VO work is killer and I really enjoy the delivery, but I don’t care about any of them (including the NPCs, but I feel that’s more a failure in the writing department and how any of the narrative has been implemented).

Welcome to a Hive city, population: us. New locales inbound, apparently. Yeah, I’m kinda with you, I’ve gotten a little glazed over feel for repeating the same maps over and over, but it’s also what I expected when they limited the playlist to what it is…

If you want to be a Space Marine: GO PLAY SPACE MARINE or one of the various 40k games where you take on a similar role…

2 Likes

Why would barrels matter here ? Like the one that would work on that would be map makers, not weapon animator/designer.

And there is a vast difference between new weapons and a full new class (More so if Class=archetype), there is no way we would have classes dropping as often as they could do for weapons

1 Like

The characters are done a disservice by their dialogue exchanges. Some of the writing is just … wrong, I think. In an intense, and importantly short combat mission, no one is going to be idly chatting about some weird space rift or second city.

VT2 had heroes with named heroic weapons. They know they’re coming back. Banter is appropriate.
DT has plebs with 2nd hand weapons who are fully expected to die. I think some sarcasm is valid, but you’re gonna be more scared and less flippant.

Other than that. This is DarkTide. It’s well crafted in its own niche, so … yeah, if aeshetics etc aren’t for you then that’s fair. It’s probably not a game for everyone, hence the low thousand player populations.

4 Likes

I disagree with most your points as I absolutely love Darktide… but… I would also really, really, really love a darktide style game where you get to play as SM against loads of different factions. Which would I prefer to play? Hard to say without having that version to play but it would certainly make more sense to be a SM when you’ve just killed 1000 enemies in a single outing :joy:

I don’t want DT to change but I do want a standalone version with SM and other 40k factions.

Please people, don’t say “SM2 is coming out” because, with the exception of featuring SM, it really is not the same style of game or gameplay and it’s not FPS which I prefer infinitely over 3PS.

I will play SM2 (duh) but I still wish for a SM DT style game too.

1 Like

never mention having classes dropping as of ten as weps

Agree.

1 Like

Thanks for all your answers and comments.

Except @DiamondNova … not nice.

I understood the different points. Maybe the game is not for me.

Maybe in the future I will give it another opportunity.

Peace and good.

Well, there is no need for 58294th post of “but mah spec marin”.

All in all, your message wasn’t feedback, but preferences statement.

1 Like

Toward SM Tide game:

The thing with people suggesting (or asking/demanding SM game, is that yes those game would work, SM are quite flexible lorewise so could be made to work for quite a lot of different style of game.

But even in the last 5 years (and taking out any card games), 40k has got 5 SM led game (with a new one coming)

On the other hand, the Inquisition has 2.5 (Inquisitor Martyr/Prophecy and DT); Rogue Trader have 1 (Eponyme), Mechanicus has 1 and will get a new one, as for Xenos, only Orks have some and they have 3 (Speed Freeks, Shootas and Dakka Squadron.

Like if you look at this suggestion we’re just echoing to the problem that the TT had not so long ago (and still somewhat has) where SM fans would alway get an equal attention cake

4 Likes

@DiamondNova I think you are the only one crying.

I want “mah spec marin”.

You don’t agree? I respect it.

Respect others.

1 Like

I still want a “Battlefield: Warhammer 40K”, and a “Aliens vs Predator RTS game”.

And I want a “Vermintide style with Space Marines, Eldars, etc”.

It is about tastes? Maybe.

Deal with it.

my reply: but I like being a GERDSMEN.

3 Likes

Yes your taste is valid, but it’s quite annoying to have to hear it every time a non SM game happen.

Like I’m wholly uninterested in SM, in fact a SM Tide game might be one of the only case where I would be uninterested in a FS game, but SM are popular, so that game would sell quite well, but it’s not like SM are the only valid take of 40k.

It’s like if I went to a WW1 game forum and simply start saying, but why didn’t they pick WW2, which is more interesting, and yadda yadda, like yes both are similar and one has garnered more interest, but it also mean it get more games on the usual.

5 Likes