EAC closes game due to security violation

EAC closes the game when running on official servers after about 5-10 seconds after booting, causing the game to crash and spit out an error (shown below). EAC spits out an error code via the windows message system citing a Security Violation, code #00000014. Game boots and runs fine when ran on the modded server (where EAC does not run).

I have tried:

Updating NVIDIA graphics drivers
Closing as many non essential processes as possible via task manager before starting (Can’t run EAC in safe mode, so can’t troubleshoot using that)
Fixing files in Windows using sfc /scannow in a command window, it did fix files but did not change the error.

I have tried now on and off to get this to work for a few days now and I am getting close to just giving up, the error code gives no helpful information as to what process/application EAC does not like and trying various fixes online has not helped me. I wanted to get a few friends into the game (while the steam sale is on) but I don’t want them to commit until I know I can get the game to run.

GUID: 4b29fdd4-d7cc-4abc-bc8d-38c4df991788
Log File:
Info Type:

Have you tried repairing it?

Go here,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat

Then start the setup launcher

Just tried doing the repair, unfortunately did not seem to fix the issue. I am getting the same error from EAC (#00000014)

I have to ask - do you have either ASUS Aura Sync, RGB Fusion, iCUE or any other RGB controller running on your PC?

I do not have any of those pieces of software running or installed

The problem went away after I updated my version of Windows. I still had Windows 10 version 1700 from a while ago and had turned updates off due to being stuck in an update loop trying to update to version 1800. I now manually updated to version 1900 and the game now opens and runs in the official realm with no problem :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.