Duelling Sword and Brain Burst

Issue Description:
While chaining light attacks with Duelling Sword you cannot swap to Brain Burst instantly.
Seems to have something to do with the fancy swirling the character does with the sword after having stopped attacking.
This issue is prelevant in vermintide 2 as well, when you try to use the special pistol on rapier.

Steps to Reproduce:
Spam light attack and then try to swap to Brain Burst.

Have the same issue, but I’ll list some more info.

Of the “Maccabian Mk V Dueling Sword”:

• Light 1 and Light 3 cannot be canceled into brain burst.
  • All other attacks can.
  • The information on this weapon lists 4 light attacks, but there are only 3 in the combo which it fully repeats.

Of the “Maccabian Mk IV Dueling Sword”:

• Light 1 and Light 3 cannot be canceled into a combo. Since Light 3 combos into Light 2, every uneven attack in a chain cannot be canceled.
  • All other attacks can.

This issue seems to only apply when switching to Brain Burst. I can cancel these actions with my ranged weapon or a medkit at any time just fine.

2 Likes

When using the Maccabian Swords as a psyker there is a big delay when you try to switch to brain burst after the first and third light attacks. Got to wait the full end of the animation to be able to switch.

1. Use any Maccabian sword
  2. Light attack once or three times
  3. Try to switch to brain burst quickly after
  4. Wait a second for animation to end

Steam
**Player ID:**Spad

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/19/22 6:00 am

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

It’s worth mentioning that this only applies to using a hotkey to swap to your blitz, whereas scrolling up ignores the delay altogether.