Dont complain unless you get less than 60 FPS

Hi all,

This may rustle some feathers, but I see alot of people complain about framerates, when I game on a 4K 60 hz monitor.

I have no problem playing the game at 60 FPS. I kick ass and chew bubblegum. I help and assist my team and win most of the missions I join ( of course you get a loss every once in a while but big deal, grab a beer )

Anything over 60 FPS is awsome, don’t get me wrong, and one day I will upgrade to a 120 hz 4K monitor, but honestly, if your gonna complain about getting less than 100 FPS in a team based PVE game ( a non competitive shooter ) well… idk… maybe don’t complain? 60 FPS the game feels great and is nice and smooth. Honestly I will never understand people who complain about getting 80 FPS drops when 60 FPS is perfectly playable.

/rant over

1 Like

I am sure as hell going to complain when I get 80+ fps on medium-high settings but crash almost every game randomly, out of nowhere.

Sorry but this is an objectively stupid thread

11 Likes

My game drops down to less than 20fps sometimes. It almost never goes above 50

I have a 3070 TI, running at 1080p DLSS on Ultra Performance and all options on Medium (no RTX)

So I guess I get to complain :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

PC gaming is complicated, you never know how users f-ed up their systems.

1 Like

sure its my fault. forget the fact I can run far more graphically intensive games at 4K @ 60fps

Darktide can’t even keep 60fps in the hub! the hub!

I own literally hundreds of games and every single one runs amazing on my computer, except for Darktide, which runs like a piece of crap

A Plagues Tale : Requiem runs better than this game!

3 Likes

To the OP, abrupt changes in fps are obvious to the user and detrimental to overall fluidity and they do happen with the game though a patch brought some welcome optimizations already.

AMD and Nvidia are busy with their crappy GPU launches and supporting their drivers for those and justify their price gouging ; Darktide is a minor thing compared to that for resource allocations sadly.

TemplarGFX, yes, if you have a 3070 Ti and run below 20fps sometimes at 1080p DLSS ultra performance, it’s your system, it’s your settings, it’s your responsibility.

1 Like

Actually it’s the dumbest thing I’ve read this year, and I’m an avid Reddit user!

3 Likes

Should have created this thread on steam and farm some clown awards

I heartily agree with you sir raises his beer glass

you get a job, you are told that you are filing papers and taking calls, they put you as a security guard “well you make the same money as you were promised, its a perfectly good job”

I was told by fatshark that my specs could run the game, same with my friends. i cant run the game without crashing (300 crashes in 40 hours, I’ve tried everything)
and my friend who has a 2060 i7 runs at 90fps while we can both run newworld at near 200 fps.

this games performance should honestly be taken as a case study for new devs to see what not to do

3080, i9 9900k, 32gb ram, 4k high textures, no ray tracing, most of the lighting settings low or off, usually get 50-70fps, can drop to 20 or 30 which is pretty crap.

60 fps is not smooth and not playable at all for me, I need 120 fps
it is only smooth if you use motion blur, which is on by default, but it should be turned off because it looks terrible
oh btw, you don’t need 2160p, it is an unnecessarily high resolution, 1080p or 1440 looks good
thanks for the laugh

I can do 1080p, 140 fps, high settings which looks good, but I had to upgrade my gpu to do so. This game is extremely hard to run, well optimized games run at double the frame rate.

2 Likes

Your pc must be broken in some way, that is not the game. Update software and check temperatures.

I can do with 50 to 70 fps during hordes, however i wish fatshark would finally fix their annoying stutter that happens once every few seconds (even in the hub!). I’m 100% sure it’s a bug on their end.

Edit:
Here is a video that shows exactly what I mean.

1 Like

no, that is a dumpster fire software issue