FPS Drops Below 60 FPS during hordes - Specs Below

Is this normal? Should I do some sort of a tweak?

RTX 3060 Tİ
i5 8600k OC 4,5 Ghz
8x2 DDR4 3200 Mhz Ram
SSD
RTX off DLSS Quality

dunno i had a 1080 with a 6700k till last month it dropped to 40 fps during hordes with all low settings 1080p

depends on your settings and resolution i would guess.

is it just slowing down under the load or are pauses and stutters also being encountered?

It is not you, it’s the game. Your fps are the average on that hardware.

Is it possible at all to retain 60+ fps at all situations or should we wait for FS to optimize the game further?

I just bought rtx 3060ti and expected more tbh…

No stutter or pauses occur. I play at 1080p. Do you no longer drop below 60 fps?

well that points to just general load rather than a loading issue , are you playing on the lowest graphic setting? if not give it a go see how it goes

sorry, i got a new system , didnt mean i somehow got a 1080 to steady 60+fps :wink:

id agree , id think at low settings 1080 you should be able to stay near 60 at least , i think the 3060ti is about a 50% bump over my old 1080

does the nvidia software have an option to display utilisation levels of cpu/gpu?

You CPU is mid range from 2017 and your RAM is slow as well.

It’s overclocked to 4.5 ghz at all times. Single core performance is more relevant for games I believe and the speed at which my cpu works is pretty ok.

Regarding ram speed, this is the first time Ive ever heard any relevance to it for a game.

Ive checked from HWmonitor. Gpu maxes out at 65% memory usage and cpu at 92% during my Darktide session.

What is your current rig? I think GPU can handle above all low settings especially because I use DLSS and also use vsync @60 fps

This is a tide game, they are notorious for being CPU heavy.

well looks like the cpu is the slower part then, does it make any diference if you run on low or medium settings? if it makes little to no difference its going to be that cpu holding you up. id think with a relevant cpu you should be hitting close to 60fps with a 3060ti.

im not an expert but i think DLSS is more usefull the higher up the resolutions you go , its a great way of upping FPS at 4k im not sure how much use it is at 1080p

i did quite a big upgrade but then my old system was over 6 years old so it was well time :wink:
Ryzen 7700
Radeon 7900xtx
32gb of 6MHz cl30 ram
couple of 2tb WD 850x M2 drives

i cap it down to 80 fps , high settings RT off. it sits there gpu usage around 60% CPU usage around 20% drawing less power than my old rig and there is no variation in the frame times and the 1% lows are 80 fps to it just doesnt care what the game throws at it :wink:

i used to be a paid up member of the 120 hz or your experince blows, but im a convert to a stable frame time and the importance of 1% lows

I also have the 3060TI and it can hold 60 fps in all situations! I play Damnation exclusive.

Last week I upgraded my CPU from the Ryzen 3600, to Ryzen 5800X3D and it makes all the difference!

Fatshark themself said you need a beefy modern CPU.

1 Like

reduce amount of physics settings to very low values (these are the sliders on bottom of video settings).

for example having 2 ragdoll effects is enough, having 8 is not needed. you wont notice the visual difference anyway… but it will not drop fps becsuse cpu wont be busy crunching broken bones so much

The game’s performance is pretty bad overall, but it’s especially heavy on the CPU side.
Start the system monitor (or w/e its called on Windows), and look at the performance graphs.
Your CPU utilization should ideally not go above 90-95% on any particular core, and it should have a load on all cores.
Your CPU is fine for almost all games, but don’t fall for the ‘single-core performance’ mantra that only used to be partially true, like 5+ years ago.
Cores and threads matter for modern games, and you have 6 cores with no HyperThreading on that CPU from 2017.
That said, you should be able to get to those more ideal CPU utilization conditions by changing the game settings - especially ragdolls, decals, decals time etc.
Find some DT settings guides on YouTube if you need more help.

1 Like

I’ve got a 3070 ti and have the same issue. It’s the game, not you.

At 1080p you are going to be CPU limited. Your GPU is overkill for 1080p and it forces your CPU to try and keep up. This is why you see CPU gaming benchmarks done at 1080p. Your overclock does help in this regard, so if you were able to overclock it higher it would help but may not be feasible.

Try raising the graphics settings OR get a 1440p monitor.

1 Like

I can OC it to 4,7 but it neeeds some voltage. I stopped at 4,5 because it’s as much as I can go withou + W

totally understand! it might not be worth it!

1440p monitors have come way down in cost but that depends on your region!

what are your settings for:

• scatter density (0.3)
  • max ragdolls (4)
  • max weapon impact decals (30)
  • max blood decals (30)
  • decal lifetime (24)

(my values in brackets), i had also horde fps drops, but since i reduced these values all is git gut.

also i have set 5 threads, but i dont see difference between that and 12 (i have 6 cores plus ht)

Go to the config file and turn off all raytracing. There’s tutorials on it. You should be able to turn dlss off and have the game actually look good.