Deeds, challenges, Fortunes of War... (yet again)

I believe the topic has been raised a lot, but I haven’t been able to find whether something is going to be done.

I think that the games where players want to play the deeds (+ Fortunes) and try for a challenge should be clearly marked as such in the game browser and not joinable by QP (or joinable if the player actively allows these lobbies (only) to be included in QP search).

a) Deeds/Fortunes: the host creates the game using the deed and the browser marks it as such on the list; the filter should by default display standard games only but it should also be capable of searching for this type of games.
b) Challenges: the host creates the game and ticks a new “challenge” button, putting the game into a separate category. The browser marks it as such on the list; the filter should by default display standard games only but it should also be capable of searching for this type of games.

Finally, it’d be nice if there was an option to remember the last search filter settings, similar to how the custom game works.

-Heroic Deeds and FoW should have their own lobby browser as Last Stand did in V1

-They need to add Heroic Deeds to DLC maps

-They need to replace the quickplay bonus with a heroic deed bonus to try to get more people to want to play deeds

-They need to have a way to be able to re-roll deed parameters. Every single deed I have is a lord map with the abduction parameter. No one will touch these deeds with a 10 foot pole so I have roughly 20-25 deeds that I cannot find people to help me with. Trying to play Legend deeds with bots with abduction is a nightmare. Not impossible but not fun either.

I don’t think they will do anything about the challenges. You’ll just have to find people who still need to complete them. I’ve only been able to complete 6/13 of the Legend Helmgart challenges and three of them I had to do with bots. They should not have made these challenges dependent on having a full group to do because most people have either already completed it and don’t want to do it again or are uninterested in doing them.

3 Likes

I generally agree regarding the deeds, the point is to have such a mechanism, but marking a challenge run should be a really simple thing to do compared to finding the deed partners.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.