Dear fatshark pls take a few min and watch this

This video raised many good points, here are few of my thoughts.

1. Weaves are a grind!
    -Finding a team is never gonna happen with in game tools.
    -What is the point in going back to recruit with no talents or traits?
    -Just straight up give us all the essence so we can switch to different characters and builds?

2. Talent, weapon & stagger changes.
    -We’re back to release of VT2, soon the balance patches will start rolling.

3. Level increase was pointless.

And to not leave everything negative.
Good job on:
-Beastmen
-New map
-Cosmetic changes to maps in weaves
-Giving modders more tools.
Mostly i’m hoping that modders will start creating maps which i’m all for.

1 Like

sorry I’m a bit testy. I’m quitting smokingn

2 Likes

Good vid and I agree with most of it.
But to be fair…
Fatshark has KNOWN of these issues since DAY 1 of the damn BETA.

There was ALOT of concerns shown in the feedback section.
They ignored it.

Now they reap what thet sow.

4 Likes

I dont think fs cares about community feedback

4 Likes

That sounds too broad, and I dont think thats true

But WTH ARE they thinking?!

My logic is this:

1: They arent idiots
2: They are a company and want to MAKE more money
3: It would really take an idiot to CHOOSE to do something that goes against making more money

So? Why then? I dont have ANY idea, but I think… they DO care and will care even MORE when they check the bank account

2 Likes

if you watch the video and pay attention to what he does instead of what he says you see precisely why these changes were necessary.
run ahead or lag behind the group. what happened to leave the group and die alone? he spends at least 50% of the video away from the group with no real negative consequences. this is after the changes. which just tells me that the changes weren’t enough.
the go to gameplay was special abilities spam. as soon as it cools down hit it again. frankly the whole talents thing is just lame. why bother to have a super realistic melee/combat engine and then throw these stupid talents in. I’ve said from day 1 the talents are lame and make the players op. they allow all sorts of bad game play to be papered over.
honestly he might have been arguing for one thing but his gameplay showed that the fixes didn’t go far enough.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Which part of the video are you talking about? He’s almost always within at most 20m of Kruber and Bardin. Often Kerillian’s further ahead but that’s Shade for you, FS kinda encouraged that with the stealth on backstab talent, MS and ones like those in WoM.

Or are you complaining they aren’t all on top of each other like matryoshka dolls?

4 Likes

It’s like Tzeentchian Twins role reversal. Kill a man-thing and an angry dawi pops out! Imagine the shocked look on the poor rakki’s face.

3 Likes

:rofl: Hahahaha! Like the marauders are all out chilling, cracking open some cold ones when suddenly a whirling entity of flailing dwarf, elgi and man-thing limbs that’s arguing with itself blends through them and continues down the road.

Truly these Tzeentchian chaos abominations are a force to be reckoned with.

I didn’t want that nerf and I’m quite fed up with people saying “you wanted it”.

2 Likes

Yea, this is great vid. There is no bullsh1t, he just goes on and mentions all the fu*kups that could have been easily fixed if they did longer beta and actually engaged in conversation with testers and used the feedback.

I love how he asks what was even point of beta ? Yea… I have no idea.

4 Likes

Aye, I was in favour of dodge getting a nerf (and still am), but there are those who like to conflate different groups of people complaining about different things in order to dismiss their criticisms.

I’m pretty certain most of the people complaining about the dodge nerf were not in the camp of people who wanted it nerfed.

On the other hand there was the talent rework, I was favour of it but I can understand the people who wanted it and are unhappy now as a bunch of talents that didn’t need to get axed did get axed, and a bunch of the new additions are useless. Overall I personally am happy with that rework, but there’s definitely room for improvement on the new talents.

The THP nerf was also weird as the overabundance of THP got brought up only after the previous betas and then FS more than listened to it, they overnerfed it without addressing the reasons it’s needed in the game (overabundance of enemies vs VT1). I can understand why people who thought there was too much before were unhappy about how FS handled it, THP on cleave was even completely broken until they patched it.

It’s like if you ask the garage to fix your beaten up car and they give you a new car instead. Sure, some people will be happy with that, but other people wanted the old car, just repaired. Of course they’ll be unhappy.

People like to look for easy outs to dismiss criticism, here by pretending the two different cars are the same thing, so that they don’t have to address the actual points being made.

2 Likes

Go play lower difficulty then

1 Like

You tell him he wanted something, to which he says he never wanted that, so now you tell him to git gud? On what planet is that constructive? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

People cried for dodge nerf for long time, one swallow does not make spring, he is practically statistic error :slight_smile:

And apparently he wasn’t one of them.

Based on the previous betas and polling a lot of people didn’t want dodge to be nerfed, it was a significant minority at the very least as far as I recall and those were mostly dedicated/experienced players too. Be it because they liked dodge dancing through maps or because of playing on high ping. Even looking at the last poll in this forum it’s about 50/50 people liking it.

Telling him to git gud isn’t productive. It’s more productive to say why the dodge nerfs were necessary for the health of the game.

4 Likes

Only some got a 10% increase, others got as much as a 76% increase. The median increase is around 25%. You can see the precise numbers here (not my work):

Besides that, I agree things were a bit too easy before. I think a lot of people agree with that, at least in the higher tiers of skill. But they’re not happy with how the new difficulty has been added, because it detracts from the ways in which the game was fun before. You can have both.

5 Likes

After I made this someone from Squirrel squad discord told me it’s 10% from last beta they had.

I don’t think it’s a good defense for release patchnotes though and if true sounds intentionally obfuscating to reduce outrage.

2 Likes

So 10% increase from the beta numbers?

From last, I only remember reading about some health numbers from first beta where clan rat had 56hp. I’ll see if I can find it.

@BizarreSalp from

A copy of text on phone, kinda messed up formatting.

[quote]These were tested using the end screen results, by killing only one enemy at a time.

Keep in mind, this will show enemy HP rounded up. (for example: Live game slave rat HP on Legend is 7.5, but this method will show an HP of 8)

Also the new stagger mechanic modifiers atm, go from 1.0x to 2.0x on Legend (0.5 per stagger), and from 1.0x to 2.6x on Cataclysm (0.8 per stagger). As far as I can tell from the patch notes of course.

As a side note, it seems ranged weapons automatically use the maximum stagger modifier, but I can’t be sure.

It needs to be said, that this is very much work in progress and they could easily be changed, as they have already been this last patch.

Hopefully this will help everyone to get some basic breakpoints, utilizing the stagger modifiers on top of the dmg numbers they get on dummies.

LEGEND

|Skaven Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Slave rat|13| |Clan rat|56| |Storm Vermin|112| |Plague Monk|70|

|Chaos Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Fanatic|33| |Marauder|88| |Mauler|196| |Chaos Warrior|280| |Savage|88|

|Beastmen Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Ungor|28| |Gor|74| |Bestigor|129|

|Special Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Gutter Runner|53| |Fire Rat|53| |Gun Rat|53| |Hook Rat|105| |Gas Rat|88| |Leech|88| |Blight Stormer|88| |Wargor|74|

CATACLYSM

|Skaven Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Slave rat|16| |Clan rat|70| |Storm Vermin|139| |Plague Monk|87|

|Chaos Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Fanatic|40| |Marauder|109| |Mauler|244| |Chaos Warrior|348| |Savage|109|

|Beastmen Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Ungor|34| |Gor|91| |Bestigor|160|

|Special Units|HP| |:-|:-| |Gutter Runner|65| |Fire Rat|65| |Gun Rat|65| |Hook Rat|131| |Gas Rat|109| |Leech|109| |Blight Stormer|109| |Wargor|91|[/quote]

1 Like