Dear Fathsark please add third person view

Hi Fatshark,

The cosmetics in this game are dope, but they are useless. One cannot see them while playing the main game. I know mods already exists, but they don’t have sanctions and is not that functional. Only an official camera can help with this issue.

I also understand the game is primarily designed for FPS, but a zoomed in camera close to the player over the shoulder with no zoom out feature, basically a static third person camera close to the player character.

Here is the example

This is restrictive and doesn’t provide much advantages, it’s just a small change from FPS view. Player still can’t see whats coming from back and flanks.

This game has no competitive element, its all about cooperation thus I don’t see why Fatshark is not adding it. I have been playing in third person a lot and it’s so much satisfying to see your character in all it’s glory. Cosmetics are for expressing one’s character, but it’s pointless if one cannot enjoy themselves.

Please consider Third person camera option, it should only be an option and not a forced method to play the game. Those who enjoy FPS should continue to do so. PVP mode can be strictly FPS, but consider third person for PVE.

Please consider this request Fathsark and officially support third person.

Thanks a lot for this fun game.

The game will never have a proper third person view. It would require a complete redesign of almost all animations and the entire combat, for something that most people don’t agree with or don’t care about. My suggestion is to try the third person mod modded realm, if it still works.

1 Like
Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu