Darktide Open (and expanded!) Community Survey

Alright. So while I’m glad Fatshark has posted a survey to gather feedback, unfortunately the survey is only accessible through the game launcher. This means that people still following news about the game but that have uninstalled it for the time being are left out of the conversation and their voices aren’t being heard.

On a different note, it always bugs me that the results to these types of surveys will never get shared in a detailed way, leaving the community guessing.

Soooooooo, I took the somewhat unorthodox step of remaking the survey, with some minor tweaks and clarifications, as a google form survey that is open and accessible to anyone that wants to fill it out. Please be respectful of the community and only fill it out only once.

If you already filled out the official survey, please consider filling out this open community version too so we can see what some of the overall sentiments are.

Lastly, I added a Part 2 to the survey that digs into some more focused and specific questions. This isn’t a thesis/PhD level survey, but was meant to really test the temperature in the room.

Hopefully we’ll all find this a useful line of discussion.
Check out the survey here:

Thank you kindly.

Edit: Link to the result summary

10 Likes

Just to note, this is liable to get differing results from the launcher version as casual normies don’t typically go on the various forums.

1 Like

Of course. I wouldn’t expect the results to be the same. We’ll just take these as they are.

FS should prob release a youtube short directing ppl to the survey, or contact their affiliates to make some sort of mention

So this is a reproduction of the official stuff for those that left the game for now and isn’t reposted by anyone official with unofficial add on correct?

“casual normies” eh.

Good idea and I appreciate the effort.

Just to nitpick because I can’t help myself…
A section of the survey is loaded. “How important is it that x improvement is made?”.

There are several of these that I don’t see as improvements at all. Making penances time based is not appealing to me at all. I don’t want to “Complete X heresy missions”. Designing penances like that would make the game worse for me.
I don’t want Daemonhosts to give rewards. Feeling pressured to fight Daemonhosts would suck. I like the change of pace that comes from sneaking around them.

I don’t see these changes as unimportant, I see them as detrimental.

3 Likes

This is all unofficial as far as I can tell so doesn’t matter except for those who do it to shout louder.

not gonna lie they aksing the right question, whoever wrote that survey knows the problems (not that we weren’t clear about em)

1 Like

I see a lot of complaints that the survey was only accessible through the launcher… Why should Fatshark do otherwise ?
If I was in their shoes, I would want to quantify what the remaining players think are the main issues to stop the bleeding first.

Not that other players opinions don’t matter, but they will be harder to convince to come back. I appreciate the effort of course.

1 Like

Same, there’s a lot of people who hate the game and won’t come back regardless (or never owned it to begin with), yet they keep blasting forums thread after thread. Their opinions aren’t as important as the people still playing.

Not that I launch the game much, but it’s not really screaming out to you from the launcher, but rather blending in with the rest of the clutter. I wouldn’t have notice it unless I was looking for it.

They could at least point it out in some way that they’re doing a survey. I mean, I may be blind, but it could also be that the launcher is filled with uninteresting stuff that blend together way too easily.

i partaked, but it still doesnt reflect my whole opinion and why im playing or what i play else.
I playd Chivalry 2 before mostly, and i do that from time to time and had allways breaks playing Chiv. Play it since AoC HL2 mod.
I play WH40k TBS games, also playd Martyr but never buyed an Addon or DLC and i was never into L4D, VT, Payday or alike. I know them all, played them all for 20hrs max, its just not WH40k!

I think my wants are not typical for the audience here, but all fine, i’m still playing and dont plan to stop playing.

Apreciate the effort to make a community survey as i would like FS complete, fix and improve their game to make it lasting long and a success.

I can even accept some greedy skinner box mechanics as im mostly resistent to it. Not using Shop addon nor would i ever check shop hourly to min max to that degree, but i for sure would play another 400 hours to improve my gear by playing and not relying on luck and rng.

purge the RNG, purge the skinner box, purge the traitors!!!

1 Like

There are a lot of people, in fact the vast majority of people, that have bought DARKTIDE but for one reason or another have already stopped playing. The peak player count was nearly 10-times what it is today.

Which is to say, yes I understand that determining what will keep the remaining players engaged is important, but there is a significantly bigger pool of people (literally millions) that bought the game and gave it up already - whether they’ve uninstalled it or not. They gave it up for a reason. Many I’m sure are waiting for further development on the game to happen before coming back.

IMHO, hearing from this audience is critical for Fatshark to gain an understanding of “what happened” and why so many people dropped the game as quickly as they did. They really should push an announcement through steam and social media for their actual survey so more casual players that aren’t hanging out on the forums/Reddit/discord actually see it and can provide input.

1 Like

The effort is appreciated.
I mean it, but this survey suffers from the same lack of focus on DT and it’s issues.
There should be something like 5-10 questions in the survey.

1 Like

I added a link at the bottom of the OP to view the result summary and charts in case you closed the window or want to see the results again as they come in.

1 Like

I was going to comment on that.

I was actually impressed by the survey. The questions themselves would be a good starting points to an internal discussion about the current state of the game, as they touch on pretty much all the important points of feedback. Make sure you bill Fatshark for your time.

Too bad the second part of the survey wasn’t official, it had some good stuff you added.

It’s pretty funny how the combat experience satisfaction chart is almost the exact inverse of the progression system satisfaction chart.

1 Like

Further development will happen and they’ll circle back whether they’re polled or not. Player count always drops off after a game launches, chasing those people who’ve already moved on to other games is wasted effort.

This actually provides very valuable feedback in regards to where the playerbase feels the value lies.
At a glance it is very easy to see the issues where everyone agrees the game would be better if that thing were to be implemented, and that’s where the value is.

1 Like