Darktide is in the 2023 Steam Awards - cast your vote!

Thanks for nominating us within the Better With Friends category

vote here!

Devoted Rejects!

Thank you for your nomination in the Best Soundtrack Better With Friends category for the 2023 Steam Awards!

We’ve made it to the final stage - let’s go all the way so we can all bask in the Emperor’s divine light.

Vote Here!

The Emperor Protects

10 Likes

Lethal company all the way.

I’d rather have a small dev get the positive PR than FS honestly. Especially given their track record in terms of handling (read: ignoring) community feedback

26 Likes

Yeah, not gonna happen - if it would be for music? Sure, no questions asked, but for this? Start communicating wit us. We do not expect road map with to the hours content release, but we do expect something. Otherwise keep ignoring your playerbase and see where you can go :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Glad to see my favorite game being recognized. I hope next year is even better

The game’s problems are not fixed by adding friends into the mix. This game does not qualify for “Better With Friends”.

8 Likes

These were my votes:

• GOTY : Baldurs Gate 3

• Labor of Love: Deep Rock Galactic

• Better With Friends: I only play Darktide solo with randos, so there isn’t much I can say about COOP, but I have heard great things about Lethal Company, so I voted for it this time.

• Most Innovative: Remnant 2, all the way, baby!

• Outstanding Story Rich: Baldurs Gate 3

13 Likes

I’d vote “Better with mods”.

27 Likes

Yeah, no. Y’all are getting Soundtrack but anything else would require your studio to actually listen to the player base about their pain points.

15 Likes

Would rather crap in my hand and clap then vote for this game, I will how ever vote for Lethal company

7 Likes

No, I don’t think I will. Lethal Company deserves the award.

7 Likes

Break the locks, and I’m sure some of us would think about it more carefully.

2 Likes

15,000 Aquilas and we are ready to talk :wink:

Otherwise, ask Xbox players.

15 Likes

While I agree that there are many things that are rightfully criticised towards Fatshark I find the level of hostility a bit much.

I for one do have an awesome time when I tackle nurgle cultists with my relatives (my friends actually all quit DT for various reasons).

I gave DT my vote.

2 Likes

if there were a “Worst item acquisition and crafting system” nomination - i will cast my vote for Darktide.

19 Likes

Nothing else has worked and they’ve demonstrated that they don’t intend to listen. Only when every topic inevitably turns to ‘fix this now’ will things even begin to change.

10 Likes

I played Darktide with friends and we had fun. I voted for Darkide.

I’m sorry, but that won’t happen. The Steam Awards are clearly spoiled (Starfield among the finalists for the most innovative gameplay? Seriously?), but the bitter truth is that as it stands you don’t deserve any awards.

Start being more communicative and less corporate, demonstrating more passion and less greed, and then we can talk about it.

(Meanwhile, Deep Rock Galactic is among the Labour of Love finalists, and the developers thanked everyone with a special hat that will be donated next year. If Fatshark ever gives us something for this undeserved vote, it will be a reskin of the beta helmet.)

10 Likes

I gotta love it though.

Fatshark: Vote for us in this award thing! It costs you nothing!

The community, nearly unanimously: No, and F*ck you for asking while locks yet remain and greed still triumphs

You know, most people with brain cells would take that as a bit of a sign to change their behavior and turn the ship around on the decisions that’ve made the player base so angry.

But I guess Fatshark execs will continue to delude themselves with ‘a silent majority LOVES our gacha itemization despite every poll the community has conducted stating otherwise’.

16 Likes

I kinda see your point - if they took community feedback more seriously and the community in response had a positive stance it would be better for everyone no doubt.

But all the justified critic not withstanding - almost everybody here has enough fun with the game too further commit and thus I can take comments that the Coop part of DT isn’t fun (as that is exactly the part of the game that keeps me in despite all of it’s atrocious design flaws) not that seriously.

And I’m not talking about the comments that said they had a better time at lethal company and thus voted so. That’s very reasonable.

2 Likes

Is the co-op fun? Sure. But with everything else wrong with the game, I wouldn’t want to give it an award. It feels like rewarding bad behavior.

14 Likes