Darktide Beta damage your pc? (GPU)

Hello, i’ve had this pc for around 1 and a half year now, has been working really good.

Today when i was gona log into another game “Black Desert Online” after a lengthy darktide session (hey darktide is fun) the log in screen of that game was moving at like 1 fps O_o and there were some pixelated rectangles, and when i did click log in my screen (the game window) went black with pixelated rectangles.

I restarted my pc and it works as normal again, what the f was that?

I googled if games can damage your pc and the answer was: no

Sure the beta has some optimization to do before the full release, but this was very strange, has anyone experienced anything simillar in darktide beta or another game? and perhaps there’s some tech guru who can clarify what happend as im a bit concerned to log into darktide now.

my pc specs if anyone is wondering
CPU: R9 5900X
GPU: RTX 3080
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
RAM: G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo C
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-XE Gaming (WI-FI)

EDIT: maybe a note for anyone who’s knowledgable, and perhaps it was just a bug/glitch?

But i have copied the EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) from a game called Dead By Daylight to Black Desert online so i can afk fish in bdo while playing DBD.

And i saw that darktide is also using EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) Could it just have been a wierd bug?

Prolly after gpu crashes in DT video driver doesn’t recover properly and needs full system reboot. Happened with other games before.

2 Likes

Ah makes total sense, thanks for clearing it up.

i thought hat was a BDO bug ive had the random low fps in that game occasionally for a long time.

I have 7000 hours in bdo and have not seen that before, but it makes total sense what Tokikaini said, as i did indeed play a long ass time of darktide and there is quite alot of crashes in the beta if you play for a long session, i think i just did a 15 hour session lol

I made a post on the steam forum to try get clarity of what happend but they were mostly happy that my gpu was gona die haha xd

Luckily 200 IQ Tokikaini here saves the day.