Damnation over 9000.0 Rebalance The Git Gud Edition

I am so tired of people trivializing ranged combat with their melee mechanics or people trivializing melee combat with their ranged weapons. Obviously no amount of weapon balancing is going to fix this as we have seen after countless attempts by now to achieve this.

That’s why Fatshark I implore you to make ranged enemies immune to melee weapons and melee enemies immune to ranged weapons. This way we can at all times keep class integrity and prevent veterans from infringing upon a zealot’s domain and vice versa.

1 Like

It’s probably technically impossible at this point with how the game can’t differentiate between melee and ranged damage. Every instance of melee things (blessings, feats, etc.) affecting ranged and vice versa that has been fixed has only been fixed by fixing that specific instance, not the underlying framework in how damage can be defined.

We need to make a power sword/flamethrower support line so these whine posts can be redirected there. ‘Are you struggling to play the game because you never learned any of the mechanics? Do you feel wronged not having 3-10 heavy attacks for your power sword because you pressed a button? Did that rager actually attack you mid flamethrower barrage while you killed 100 heretics in a firestorm? Call now for a free donut pillow’.

8 Likes

I am truly amazed by how people are review bombing the game for illisifying powerswords.

I am amazed at people being able to generalise any criticism of the nerfs as a general “nerfs are baaad” and sweep any nuance under the rug.

3 Likes

There’s also a lot of crying wolf considering these weapons still perform very well in game. I actually really like the Mk 6 power sword now for just doing 2 lights that hit the full screen it actually makes sense for it to exist now.

Totally different situation from the moonfire bow nerf in VT2 where they just ruined it and walked away.

1 Like

I literally cannot tell if this post is facetious

Therefore I fully support this suggestion

1 Like

This has to be the worst idea that i have ever read.
So i hope you are trolling.

I’ve been having a lot of fun playing the game without dodging nor sliding for a very long time. These mechanics are entirely optional.