Damnation is hard again, thanks!

I unironically like that there’s much more inexperienced players hunting for plasteel on damnation now. Don’t feel intimidated by t5, please come and play! You’ll learn the ropes in no time, the more of us play the same diff, the better matchmaking gets. Don’t wear more than 1 wound curio though.
See you in game!

4 Likes

That’s not the feeling of all.
I played from time to time damnation before. Now, with the increase of resources, I play, with my zealot, only damnation.
However I have met someone (in my block list now) that had not the same opinion as you.
He said me “never try again this difficulty, that was a pain” (funny when I did lot of damnation games and completed the missions)
Well, let’s say it, that was a high intensity damnation. We have fallen at the final stage (ammunition mission, we had 3/5).
What I appreciated about him:

• it was a veteran that has let others members of the team (he was the only veteran) kill a sniper and yelled “KILL SNIPER”
  • I had to liberate him 2 times in the mission and revive him 1 time
  • I have fallen one time… at the final 15 seconds before him
  • he called the others “nubz”

It was a great experience… and he can be happy, we will never play again together.

2 Likes

His loss!

I had a game last night where the game director bugged out and kept spawning mobs. Constantly. The entire map. Was so intense and fun. Easily the most challenging this game has ever been for me.

At the risk of starting a flame-war:
The problem is they don’t seem to want to learn the ropes.
From what I’ve seen since patch, most of the new people in damnation are just there for the better loot and looking for a carry, they don’t show an inclination to unlearn bad malice habits or pick up new good ones.

Had one dude yesterday, clearly very green, 4 wound zealot with a thammer exclaiming how good t was when he got whacked after every powered swing.
Another dude told him about the trick to bypass the bounce back. I had mentioned he didn’t need 4 wounds. He later was at 5% HP and decided he’d deploy the only medcrate 2m from final medstation, it was literally right in front of him. When asked why he told us all to F off. Bugger was being carried hard the whole map and didn’t even notice. Not the end of the world but this was pretty much every match since patch.
The matches where there’s 2 of them go sideways more often than not, and then when you ask them to “stick to the team” they get all butthurt and mouth off.
Had another guy actively do even less than he was doing after he got he gold told that. Same match the other zealot was just auto-pistoling EVERYTHING and eating all the ammo, I’m not even sure he pulled his melee out. It was a slog fest as there was no ammo to be found, he’d just zip to all of it and eat it. Had to face tank half the stuff and lose tons of HP and even get dropped. This is par for the course the last couple of days.
Demons being pulled left and right is another fan fav.

I like the game to be challenging, but when a human play worse than a bot, and the bots are terrible, it’s just silly and frustrating.

It’s OK if there’s one of them in the group, when there’s 2, 2.5 it starts becoming irritating. If there’s 3 of them it’s game over man. Right now it seems 80% of Damn matches have 2 of the “carry me for free loot”. Makes objective based sections a real slog in particular.

Ironically they are causing the wipes and denying themselves the extra materials and loot they were there for in the first place. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to be such a detriment to the team and not earn my keep, but I guess that’s weird of me.

I’d say spending a few extra hours in Heresy and improve some, don’t jump from Malice to Damnation expecting a free win, they wont be alone in doing so.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re wrong.
I have seen someone, playing ogryn, that had 4 wounds, that died too many times. Someone told him that shield was a bad idea… he answered that it is really good… but continued to kiss the floor.

Until we were in a room with an hacking phase and he dropped the medikit even before launching the hack… Off course, he died and… guess what… he logged off.

But at the end, several will start to understand how it works and acquire the skills needed.
Since I started in damnation, I see that I progressed. When I return heresy, I feel that easy. Malice, boring.

What make me sad is, that in damnation, few weapons are really effective. When I want to take fun, I take a risk, cause the weapons FS gave us are not balanced. As you said a shredder autopistol burn the ammos, a revolver is great, but it has less ammo and less effective than bolter.
In fact, from my point of view, bolter / flamer / MG XII / agri brauto (less) are the weapons to use. But I continue to want to use the revolver, even if I know that it is a weapon not really good (lack ammos and lack a little boost of damages)

honestly the biggest problem is also a real QoL feature, and that’s how you get crafting mats even when you lose. it’s probably better +EV to play short damnation games, collect everything you can, maybe win probably lose but keep what you collected.

i’ve had people who are clearly present, ie they’ll react to dogs and other stuff, but also very clearly trying to AFK in the airlocks, wait until their team clears and collects everything and move to the next airlock.

Whoa…that’s nuts.

Good point on keeping stuff when you lose, honestly I’d prefer you get nothing on a loss, it would probably cut down on the mooching and I don’t like participation trophies in games.

To my earlier point/rant.

I just did a successful duo (no monster, +2 bots up half the time) regular intensity Damnation Smelter and it was fun. Tons of maulers, crushers and a lot of doggos.
Less frustrating and annoying than if we had 2 malice players looking to be carried for free loot while not giving one damn (no pun) about the rest of the team.

Edit: And now another game Vet says “it’s my 1st damnation game”, other guy says “we can tell”; he kept running off to lose all his HP then kept requested healing. Meleed trash that the rest of is were adequately handling while ranged threats plinke d away largely unopposed, he was the only vet so the pksyer and 2 ogryns picked up the slack, fine.
He sat there staring at pinged ammo w/ orange indicator, then at the nd of consignment yard stared at ammo crate for 30-40s w/ free slot, at low ammo. We pinged it, type it, voiced it, he sat there staring. They don’t have ammo crates on malice !?
My point is you get 2 of these guys now quite often rather than 1, makes for frustrating game, challenging due to this and anti-team behavior is not my cup of tea. If you haven’t even grasped the most basic of fundamentals and are just there for “free loot”…yeah.
Edit 2: Or a lev 21 w 60 hours. And another example, stubber ogryn on Damn, lost 70% of HP on 1st group after facetanking most of it, 49 hours and very green.

Sometimes endless poxwalkers happens, or even endless specials (chasm logistratum often) as reversed situation too - normal t5 feels like low intensity only roamers and sometimes 1-2 specials.

2 Likes

Now this is a person who understands the enjoyment of playing with bad players. The true endgame is carrying noobs through damnation. I can tell this guy is a good player whereas the people who take the opposite stance and complain about the bad player are actually the bad players themselves.

Why would you not just kick these people?

i tried, and the votekick failed. pubbies ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah votekicks almost never go through, there’s always that 1 guy who refuses no matter what, thinks he’s being “a good guy”, so toxic player are allowed to continue with impunity.

P.S. Windows+. (Win+Period) brings up Emoji + popup and you can insert it ¯_(ツ)_/¯, your dude is missing an arm :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.