Damage Spreadsheet (for 1.0.5 beta)

The attacks are treated as two individual damage instances, with seperate damage calculations. Seperate damage calculations are rounded individually (works the same for Shotgun type attacks).

I’ve asked how its shown in the spreadsheet, as dual wield attacks there are sum of both weapons damage.

Yes, so there may be a rounding error there. But if you’re using the unrounded values as we discussed earlier, those should be fine if you divide by two before performing your calculations.

If dividing by two doesn’t work, the answer must be to multiply by two, right? QED.

1 Like

Found some inconsistent values. Dummy hitting shows different results. (600 HP, legend keep, no power_vs or power talents, dividing dual wield attack in sheets by 2). I’ve marked those with orange colour.

Interestingly, these attacks match the spreadsheet if i use Arcane bodkins skill (WS headshot damage increase), at least for headshot attacks listed there.

/

/

/

I’ve watched almost the whole sheet now (apart from wizard and saltz exclusive weapons). Found no more errors like that. Please tell me if you’ll find more incorrect values, i’m checking every weapon before doing breakpoints for it, but can’t test monster and berserk damage at all, and infantry damage to 4+ target.

I can’t think of any reason those particular attacks would show a discrepancy - I’m not doing anything special in those cases, they just use the same code as the rest.

FWIW, UnShame has published the latest version of his spreadsheet and is getting the same numbers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8caeuv/106_melee_weapons_damage_cleave_and_attack_speed/

Could it be some kind of bug involving the Arcane Bodkin talent?

BTW, your sheet have much better, clearer design than of UnShame’s (for 600HP).

Some suggestions to improve tho:

Outline different weapons with thick borders.
Maybe add weak outlines for different attacks (mb with different colour)

For attacks, that have only Damage(default) column, move that column to the place, where the “Damage (target 1 override)” is. So you wont have to scroll to the far right (and not seeing weapon/attack names) to see these attack values.

Also your sheet have both cleave types info, linesman/tank mods, that UnShame’s dont have. But no boss armour damage (mostly needed for ranged weps).

The borders should be easy enough, but moving the columns might be trickier. In any case, I’m not planning on maintaining the spreadsheet indefinitely. UnShame’s is still a work in progress but the approach he’s taking is fundamentally better - my way is a quick and dirty hack I threw together so I could compare attacks.

Unshame found the issue - it’s the dummies that show incorrect value for these attacks:
http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/dummies-show-incorrect-crit-and-headshot-damage-on-some-weapons/21960

Only borders are fine. Actually it would be nice if you’d stick to the same format (cell positions), so with a new patch it would be easy to compare old sheet to the new with mis-match method (thus finding non-mentioned changes).

Your sheet just works, easy to read, and shows correct damage values, i can say to 0.001 accuracy (checked edge cases for rounding).

One thing from 1.0.6 changelog that seem to be missing in the 1.0.6 spreadsheet:

Flame Sword:
Added small burn damage over time effect to light combo stab attack.

What’s the dot value and timings i wonder?

As far as I can tell, there’s no dot on the light stab attack attack - either I’m missing something or that didn’t actually make it into the release.

1 Like

There is an updated version for 1.0.7 here:

The attacks with changed damage are:

• Axe (light attack left, light attack right, light attack last)
  • Falchion (light attack left, light attack right, light attack bopp)
  • Flail (light attack left, light attack right, light attack last, light attack down, light attack bopp)
  • Axe and Shield (light attack left, light attack right, light attack bopp)
  • Hammer (light attack down)
  • Dual Axes (all attacks)
  • Wizard Mace (light attack last)
  • Sword and Shield (light attack last)
  • Crossbow (both attacks)
  • Handgun (both attacks)
2 Likes

Comparison of 1.0.7 vs 1.0.6:

In the tabs “_compare”, the changed values in 1.0.7 are highlighted with red font.

Neat Stuff. Scrolling through the biggest thing not mentioned in the patch notes is that the mass limit/ cleave value for Light Attacks of DnD was raised to 2.54 . This should mean that they can now cleave through two chaos fanatics.

Yep, just like Salty’s 1h Axe, and this weapon still sucks at hordeclear. I mean, both of them.

I have found that dual daggers are adequate at horde clearing. You stack crit, attack speed and 10% infantry on the charm. This way you can one shot fanatics with headshots and crits.

Combine that with swift slaying and you have a pretty decent horde mower.

I tried same setup, but used 10 chaos instead of infantry, it’s prety ok vs skaven hordes and fanatics but I got overwhelmed by raiders, also 1h Sword or SnS feels much better at hordeclear.

IMO such cleave is not enough to feel good as anti-horde weapon. But if it fits your playstyle feel free to use this weapons, as for me they feels so-so, not as bad as before, but not decent at all, actually daggers has prety poor armour pen, 25% is not enough.

Well every single target seems to have been buffed to 2.54, you might even be able to hit 3 in order to hit 2 clan rats.

A lot of the ranged cleave values don’t match up with in game performance. For example, the BoP is listed as having 1.77 cleave, but it does hit two slaves or fanatics per shot (possibly clan rats as well, I don’t recall). The volley bow is also listed as having 1.23 cleave, which makes no sense at all.

The volley and longbow show significantly less cleave on the 1.0.7 table than before, not sure if it’s a bug or they stealth nerfed them.

1 Like

Tested BoP and volley, and i saw BoP killing 2 clanrats with 1 shot, with volley i’ve killed 2 fanatics (all non-crits).

Either these cleaves are wrong, or some modifier is missing.

It looks like cleave is now calculated identically for melee and ranged - back when I replicated that code in my script they were slightly different. I’ll fix it for the next patch, which is supposed to be out in a couple of days. Thanks guys for finding this and testing it.