Damage Spreadsheet (for 1.0.5 beta)

So it’s confirmed that vs armor only applies to skaven, making inherently inferior to bonus vs them? Only really worth it if that isn’t enough to make the breakpoints?

Well, vs armor also applies to headshots against Maulers and Chaos Warriors. But those are kind of niche cases so yeah, usually you’d go with vs skaven like you say.

The sheet says only impact (which i assume is cleave?) and stagger for maulers are armored, damage is not affected, or i am misreading it

Yes, you’re right - I didn’t look closely enough.

Actually both “impact” and “stagger” seem to be stagger. In most places in the code “impact” is used, but sometimes it’s “stagger” instead. I don’t know what the difference is but Maulers are the only breed that have a “stagger” setting.

My playing around with numbers and in-game observations tells me that stagger == impact unless otherwise specified.

Could you point me to the source?

The source being the spreadsheet this thread is about, go to breed tab.

I completely missed that. Ty.

Insanely intersting, i.e. maulers (two handed axe men with flowerpot on their heads) use the armored roll for dmg to their heads but you don’t get to +X% dmg vs armored. A bug?

Well CW and Mauler heads seem to be more than just “armored”, given that Handguns still struggle to take them down with headshots (if they were just armored, HGs would two-shot CWs on legend, but they need a lot more than that).

@SquattingBear
Does mass limit for an attack gets rounded?
Lets say i have 2.11 mass limit for damage on 1h axe light attack, does it rounds to 2?
Or stays as 2.11? And allows me to hit 2 slaverats (each with mass 2)?

Sick damage spreadsheet btw, breakpoints guide gonna be awesome.

Here’s a version of damage spreadsheet that i copied, with disabled rounding and 3 digits after a dot:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mM0WISykAvCsHclXr7hXPIERxNDauXMEMu6kfWno20s/edit?usp=sharing

@SquattingBear , spreadsheet have incorrect damage values for dual axes charged attacks and push attack (too low). Light attacks are correct.

Another inconsistency i’ve noticed:
Halberd, 3rd light (overhead) or push attack - they should have damage override for 2nd target. Currently there’s only default damage (or to 1st target). Hit 2 dummies with these attacks, and you’ll notice you get 2 different damage values.

The speadsheet is wrong on all values which concern two weapons hitting at the same time. I.e. dual axes heavy, DnD heavy etc.

Probably @SquattingBear divides the value in half for some reason? It should be x2 (for both weapons) rather than /2.

Dual axes, charged atk against unarmoured in sheets: 5.625.
Ingame, charged atk deals 14.00 from 1 axe (legend dummy, 600HP)

Even if you double 5.625 you’ll get only 11.25.

Just noticed, that dual swords, dual daggers, sword+dagger, dual axes - they all have same damage from charged attacks in the spreadsheet (should be all different).

I believe it doesn’t get rounded; a variable is set to the unrounded mass limit at the start of a swing and each enemy hit subtracts its mass from that variable - as long as the value remaining is greater than zero another enemy can be hit.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll look into it (probably not until the weekend though). My guess is that the damage is calculated per weapon, and can be different for each of them. (Maybe Bardin needs to work on his left-arm strength.) That would explain why just doubling the numbers doesn’t work.

What does the TANK mass mod do? Allow you to stagger bosses?

open breed tab. Those enemies with MASS MODS “Tank” , get their mass multiplied by the value stated there, before being hit by an attack with “Tank” mod. Basically attacks with Tank mod cleave better against ceratin targets. Same with LINESMAN.

From Unshame:
UnShame: oo they changed base hero power to 185 finally
UnShame: everyone gets free 5 power :smile:

So i suppose for correct damage values you need to enter 605 heropower (for 600 heropower char)?

Not considering changed damage values for some weapons ofc.

Yes, either that or edit the scripts and change 180 to 185.

Here is an updated version for 1.0.6:

For the dual-wield weapons’ charged attacks, I’ve used the sum of the damage from both weapons. It’s a bit misleading because they’re treated separately in-game, so for example you probably won’t get a simultaneous crit on both so you won’t actually get the listed crit damage very often. But if I used per-weapon damage, when comparing weapons it would be annoying to have to mentally double every damage value. (My guess about what caused the error was wrong btw, I was just looking at the wrong damage profile.) I haven’t looked into the halberd thing yet.

1 Like

Dual wield attacks - first you sum both attack damages, only then the rounding happens?

Previously you had half of one weapon, so might be one weapon now :slight_smile: