Dailies

Starting game as Kruber helps you a lot on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me share the experience of new dailies with you.

I’ve started a game with 3 bots. It was Helmgart.
We started strong and made it to the 1st grim without much excitement.
Near the first grim an elf player joined me.
Being a typical elf she didn’t wait for the bot picking up the 3rd tome and rushed ahead with 2 bots while I was standing at the tome pleading for them to come.
She pulled a chaos patrol while I was standing on top of the tome still.
They kiinda ran back half the way to me with the bots (and her) being half dead and 5-6 CWs with posse.
Together we’ve finished off the horde and picked up the last tome.
Then we’re without any healing and the elf was on grey health cause she was knocked down twice in 5 minutes.
We went up the hill towards the 2nd grim. However there a rat horde caught us misposition and we all went down one by one. Elf player deserted at the end, leaving my game.

Now, usually I’d not be even a tiny bit disappointed - after all wiping is the crux of the game.
Yet by failing I’ve completed one daily quest and have to wait for tomorrow to try again;/
In the good old times I’d have just started another game and would prolly even let the elf noob play with me again - after all we all have ups and downs. Now I hate myself, hate that elf and POed about the whole new daily experience.
That’s horrible!
Also I think that that elf noob got what he came for: daily for 3 tomes/1 grim and 25 mobs.
Can’t say I’m happy about that.

P.S. Elf bashing is completely coincidental, I love Kerillian.

1 Like

Ok no comment on the rest sorry, but this bit, hot damn if that isn’t the most stereotypical Elf story I’ve ever heard. Sometimes you gotta wonder if people are actually intentionally role playing it’s so silly.

1 Like

Frankly it’s not elf it’s rushers. They don’t know or don’t care about pickups and just run ahead. Typical in my games.

2 Likes

It’s not even rushers, it’s just digkheads. Those kinds of players should listen to what the host wants or host their own game in my opinion. I had to sit at third tome AtG for 5 minutes one time because “books were the reason I stopped playing in the first place, muted,” once they ran forward and died in the event and left, I just got the bot to TP grab it so I could finish the map. What a waste of time.

1 Like

Heck, I’m at 2000+ hours and would still prefer Emp Chests. It will better help those new to the game level up their item power and get higher rarity (orange) items, which they’ll appreciate more than 5 shillings. The small chance of getting a red is nice too. As a long-time player, I’d take the small chances of getting red dust with Emp Chests than 5 shillings for a daily.

Related post (Jan. 2020): Daily quests should still give Emperor's Chests alongside shillings

1 Like

Indeed, or at the very least put some decent honest gear in the shilling shop. Actually give us ability to complete contracts by paying shillings.

1 Like

Just adding some additional shillings to daily/weeklies should be sufficient enough. Not like 5-20 additional shillings to dailies would suddenly make everything instantly accessible.

Um… have dailies indeed been tweaked?
I’ve not played V2 too often recently and I haven’t had many wipes, but I think they did change some stuff. Can someone confirm it?

Certain daily / weekly quests now count even if you die, I don’t think we’ve had an official statement from FS about it yet. But I think that’s the only change.

What is this even? :upside_down_face:

I guess it is a step in the right direction. Still I’d completely revert the changes.

I think there’s been another good change, or rather a roll back of a silly change.
I failed a mission yesterday and didn’t get the daily for killing stuff - what a relief!
Now I can really feel that I’ve earned those useless shillings!

Are you sure? I had 3 stacked up today and was able to claim them after reset.

I also had three but only one of them counted which was today

I did crash when claiming two of them

It seems that they didn’t change this. I just claimed the two daily quests I’ve saved from Saturday and Sunday, and it counted towards the progression for the current ‘Complete 3 Daily Quests’ weekly quest.

I also had a similar crash weeks ago. It seems that if the game crashes as you are claiming the daily quest, it won’t count towards the progression of the ‘Complete 3 Daily Quests’ weekly quest.

1 Like

Well that’s no fun

1 Like

You should send in a support ticket. Sound like something went wrong with the backend when you were claiming your quest rewards.

I can confirm this for the ‘10 quickplays’ weekly quest too. Previously, you can fail a quickplay mission and still have it count as a 1 quickplay, but now failing won’t count.

1 Like