Customer Service, Player Appreciation, and Dishonest Marketing

You asked if we would be compensating people who opened chests before 1.1 with the chests they had opened with the lower drop rates. We said we would not, the game is evolving all the time both through the content available as well as behind the scenes and we just cannot set the expectation that we’ll ‘undo’ players’ past actions based on evolutions to the game (such as restoring chests to those who opened them prior to a drop rate change). I am sorry this answer isn’t what you wanted to hear, but it is our stance on the specific question you asked at the time.

We haven’t wiped any stats, I promise. Some stats weren’t counted from launch, such as which careers had finished specific levels, because we developed the challenge system post launch. It’s a shame, absolutely, and in hindsight we would have tracked more, but as noted before, this is a game we’re adding stuff to and plan to continue adding to for the foreseeable future.

We do agree that Vermintide 2 launched in a state that we too weren’t totally happy with and we have been working unhealthy amounts of hours to right that. That said, the game was and remains a game we’re very proud of, and despite its eccentricities one that scores of players have enjoyed hundreds of hours in.

I’ve seen people enjoying this quote, sadly though entirely out of context.

There wasn’t a challenge system in Vermintide 1, this is a brand new feature for Vermintide 2.

They absolutely were and we’ve mentioned a few times how sorry we are that they didn’t make it in for launch (and continue to be absent). We bit off more than we could chew truth be told and continue to work on the dedicated server functionality and will do so until delivered. Our apologies for that.

An outage with our backend provider caused this and we’re sorry for the downtime. The issue was resolved around 4am CEST.

It wasn’t fun!

100%. We dropped a lot of balls there and continue to recover from it.

Agreed. It will be locked. People, please treat each other with respect. There’s only one of me and I’ve a million responsibilities on my plate - turning against each other isn’t going to help anything, least of all getting your feedback heard and processed.

What I ask, of all of you here on in, is treat each other as you expect to be treated. If you want to be verbosely angry, sling me a PM and call me/us a whatever you want to call me/us but don’t turn on each other because you disagree with something someone has said - it just invalidates any good points a thread might have. I will be clamping down more on mud slinging from now on, to the detriment of the feedback process (I only have so many hours in the day) until a time comes that feedback is valuable and constructive and free of abuse. This may involve casualties (in so much as people perhaps not being able to continue participation in the discussion/process)

Also, please do understand that we’re a bunch of meat-sacks capable of making mistakes, capable of emotion. We’re also capable of making this game better and stronger and we do need your help to do that - just help us to help you by being concise, to the point and without dramatisation. Hyperbole does not help or add value or credence. Attacking each other overwhelms any positive contributions to the discussion a thread can make, so lets not do that any more.

Peace.

15 Likes