Crashing on startup

GUID: d59e7a53-2954-4765-9e80-a1e1692ecf59
Log File:
Info Type:

Have yet to successfully load game. I installed newest drivers for GPU and am still crashing shortly after hitting Play in the launchpad. I’ve tried fullscreen, borderless and windowed with the same result. Trying through all levels of Worker Threads, whatever that means. Still crashing on startup attempt after hitting play. Tried multiple quality versions too with no luck.

Hey Zyba, this error indicates that one of your DLLs is corrupted. Solutions include:

• Reinstall the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables
  • Run the Windows System File Checker
  • Re-install Vermintide 2
  • To identify the precise DLL that is causing an issue, download the Microsoft Dependency Walker and open vermintide2.exe with it. The libraries with a red icon represent the corrupted ones

If you need help with any of these options, please let me know.

Thanks. I’ve reinstalled the distributables and same error. Running the dependency walker points to some system dll s being corrupt but that poses 2 questions. First, why is vt2 the only thing that’s ever had an issue with them? and second, how do you fix those?

The system file checker showed a few corrupted files that could not be repaired. “tcpmon.ini” was referenced in the output a few times. No idea how to fix that.

update - got it solved. I downloaded a windows update from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows which basically let windows 7 run things built for windows 10 more smoothly. Worked instantly after that. Hope this helps others having the issue.

Very fun game too by the way, happy it’s working now! :smiley:

Great, I appreciate the update! Wishing you the best of luck in Vermintide 2. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.