Crash Upon Startup Cutscene

Issue Description:
I bought the game due to the sale and had played the beta. I installed it through steam and upon pressing play in the launcher the starting cutscene with the television would come up and then the game would crash. I have tried lowering the worker count to 1 and 3, running in admin, verifying the game through steam, windows 8 compatibility mode, and restarting the computer. I have also allowed it through my firewall and antivirus as well as just completely disabled my antivirus to no effect. My graphics drivers are up to date as well.

My error code is: e5aae6a5-7ecb-40c1-be03-f6fde49f19cf

I’ve attached the log files for anyone to look at, looks like some sort of Lua error with ‘gamma’ is causing the crash.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install Darktide through steam
  2. Press Play in Steam
  3. Press Play in Launcher
  4. Crash

Platform:
[Platform: Steam]
[OS: Windows 11 Pro]
[CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (not over clocked)]
[MOBO: MEG X570 UNIFY]
[RAM: 32GB at 3600MHz (default XMP speed)]
[GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3070 (not over clocked)]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Timezone: 6pm PST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
console-2023-10-10-01.50.39-77245e78-0505-4f4c-ac7d-417f4e88da5f.log (17.2 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (540.9 KB)

I have just installed the game via the Xbox App, and am having similar issues, though mine crashes before even a cutscene appears.

I have attempted to alter every individual setting in the launcher, verifying the files, updated/upgraded my GPU drivers, etc. My final attempt was to try moving the game to a different drive, which simply made it crash before the launcher even appeared, but returned to prior behavior after a subsequent verification.

My (admittedly unfounded) guess is that the issue has something to do with the 5800X3D chips in mine and TheDarkHood’s system.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install Darktide via Xbox App
  2. Press Play in Steam
  3. Press Play in Launcher
  4. Window comes up and then closes instantly, followed swiftly by a crash reporter.

Platform:
[Platform: Xbox Store (“Game Pass”)]
[OS: Windows 10 Pro]
[CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
[MOBO: MSI B450-A Pro Max]
[RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz]
[GPU: EVGA Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Timezone: 11pm CST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant. I have not even seen the in-game menu.

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
console-2023-10-11-04.35.47-6d4a2409-efda-44a9-bfe0-822272163b22.log (11.0 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (61.3 KB)

@TheDarkHood Please disable the Overwolf overlay.

This worked! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.