Crank Gun - Special Fire Block

Seeing how Torpedo got block and push on it, my question is: Why didn’t Crank Gun get it ? Yes, the block button is used to spin but there’s also special fire button that could be used to block with it. Engineer is super vulnerable while using Crank Gun, having block on it would improve when enemies sneak behind you and you need to react fast. Sometimes goin to melee to block isnt fast enough. Crank Gun seems more like a weapon that needs it rather than Torpedo. Especially since Crank Gun isnt in Range place but as seperate special weapon. Weapon is big enough to use it as a shield to block incoming dmg. We don’t necessarily need push on it, but having block would be very good and very needed. Any Engineer players out there feeling the same ?

1 Like

Good call, I’d even add that the drakefire gun needs this as well seing as how trollpedo has it.

1 Like

I would personally instead opt to make right click a strong push for Linked Compression Chamber since that talent doesn’t really have any use for right click anyway. This would have the bonus of giving Linked Compression Chamber a stronger niche in line with its current identity.

I mean you could do both, but I’m not convinced the block is really necessary personally.

1 Like

Good call, I’d even add that the drakefire gun needs this as well seing as how trollpedo has it.

That’s my biggest problem with Torpedo. I keep askin myself “Why Torpedo got it and not anything else?” there’s so many weapons that could benefit from it and a lot of weapons that actually need it. Throwing Axes, Crank Gun, Drakegun… All of them SHOULD get it if Torpedo got it, I dont think theres anything that makes Torpedo special that it should be the only range weapon to get Block n Push.

I would personally instead opt to make right click a strong push for Linked Compression Chamber since that talent doesn’t really have any use for right click anyway. This would have the bonus of giving Linked Compression Chamber a stronger niche in line with its current identity.
I mean you could do both, but I’m not convinced the block is really necessary personally.

Crank Gun kinda needs to have option to spin it so you’re not starting from low speed all the time, that’s why right click is occupied for it. If u had Block on special fire you could also push with it, push doesnt need to be its own button/action. IMO the block should be there especially because it makes engie really vulnerable, Torpedo got it even tho its not that needed on it then why weapons that need it never got it ?

I don’t think you read my suggestion properly. I specified for the talent Linked Compression Chamber, which fires from full speed immediately. As far as I know with that talent you have no use at all for right click

2 Likes