Could we get some rationale behind changes?

I wish they could come up w/ a good way to regularly communicate w/ community (while avoiding the pitfalls of trolls, promises, awkward moments). I personally wish i could bounce ideas off them. I know they avoid forums cause it kills the convo, but I think it would go a long way if they did in fact respond more (besides just bug confirmations). Imo, in situations like this, with a “small” team working on a game, transparency and constant communication and feedback is more important than pure content/bug fix releases.

For example, endless green dust posts, they respond they are aware, but maybe include reasoning as weeks go by as to why its not such a simple fix, or even just a quick temporary patch that makes it so you get some green dust for every chest opened in champ/legend until a more perm fix can be applied

That being said, maybe i am foolish, but i like to talk to devs/pick their brains :smiley: for now, this seems like a teeny step in positive comunication, so yay

1 Like

Considering the whole conversation now is, “FS WTF IS GOING ON!” I think it’s time for them to get more engaged. For weeks now, it’s been just some people giving feedback and other people downplaying any negatives and theorycrafting potential reasons for the dev issues, so it’s become something of a circle jerk. Them talking to us would just keep the conversation productive.

3 Likes

Of course you take things out of context…
Yes, I do see those that praise the devs aswell. But that was not the point I wanted to make at this time. Just because I say that I see alot of complaints does not mean that I don’t see those that show praise.

I never said I don’t believe what others are saying. I read the bug forum aswell. I simply stated my own experience with playing the game. It might be because I have a really good high-end system. Since I’m running everything on high/ultra with over 100 fps. Those with lower-end systems might be more affected by the changes. I wouldn’t know since I don’t have a low-end system so I cannot try it.

Then why bring it up at all? You could have just ignored it. :smiley:

Atleast for once I agree with you. But this is not a Vermintide 2 only problem. This problem is all over the gaming sphere. Generally speaking from my experience the worst community in the gaming scene is those in Blizzard games. (I have managed to avoid DOTA/LOL since I just don’t like those games) Most people there are really obnoxious and entitled. Vermintide 2 community is not even close to as toxic as say Overwatch community. I would put Vermintide 2 community on the better edge of community. Allthough… I have to be honest and say that I do not play to often with “randoms” in V2. I mostly play with my friends and most the the time when we are not a full team it’s better to just have a bot as the 4th since they do better.

1 Like

thats all we ask, some community presence. and not just 2 dudes on twitch playing veteren difficulty selling socks. i mean actually engaging with the WHOLE community, *hint hint gamers gaming on legend with 800+ hrs… please try your best to be not so disconnected with this product you’ve already sold us. i mean seriously, why do the invisible walls still exist on these vastly updated maps that have been in beta over 2 weeks ago and with you guys knowing about them SOMEHOW make it onto the live build

3 Likes

Version 1.0.8.1 is coming soon and addresses some of the current issues that arose from patch 1.0.8. We are rolling back some of the inadvertent changes which came out of yesterday’s patch.

Shade Kerillian was broken during the 1.0.8 beta. The numbers she put out with the Glaive were far too high - this was due to her damage being uncapped against some Bosses and Lords. We wanted to make changes to the damage system in the way we synchronize damage from attacks between players. At the same time, we were making fixes to Shade’s “Infiltrate” Career Skill. These two changes inadvertently changed the way caps were being applied to the Shade’s damage output. Another consequences were multiple misunderstandings and mistakes that piled up to a big mess, affecting the Executioner Sword, since it shared some of the same damage templates as the Glaive.

The Shade should now work the same way she did in 1.0.7. The inadvertent changes to the Executioner Sword have also been reverted.

Aside from these bug fixes, we also wanted to give her more options in available weapons. Shade Kerillian’s “Infiltrate” Career Skill applies a four-time power boost multiplier when attacking while stealthed. We applied individual modifiers to these bonuses to the Glaive and Dual Daggers. We lowered the damage Glaives do when attacking from stealth, and increased the damage from Dual Daggers. This means that Dual Daggers should now be able to kill two Chaos Warriors when lined up correctly, when attacking from stealth.

And while the Glaive - and pretty much every other weapon, completely nukes any regular infantry enemies, when attacking out of stealth - just as in previous versions, they should no longer melt bosses. And specifically Bile Trolls, which were missing damage multiplier caps.

The full notes will come with release, most likely early tomorrow.

25 Likes

Does it mean that cleave changes done to the Infiltrate will be reverted or just damage?

Thank you for filling us in.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate some input and hope that these changes could be the start of a positive trend.

So the cleave is back!

1 Like

TY, somehow I missed that part. Hello, SnSnD my old friends :grinning:

Thanks for the feed back, always good to hear some details

Nice. I only hope you guys are aware that dual daggers did not recieve their intended buff on heavy hits vs armour. Only sword and dagger 2nd heavy got the nice and much needed armour pen and damage boost.

1 Like

Hedge senpai is best senpai.

2 Likes

Hey, this is great news. :smiley:

Thank you, thank you!
That is great.
That is all many of us wanted, some sort of official response to let us know, you knew.
It goes a long way!
We’re all human(as far as I know!). Right @NikKotovski?

I certainly dont expect perfection, thats unreasonable IMHO.
Thanks again @Fatshark_Hedge and the rest of the team.

2 Likes

nah you’re not alone. there’s many people here who also believe this patch is a godsend because it tackled a lot of game breaking bugs and technical fixes. eg. a 10fps increase for some people may not feel like much, but for others it’s the whole difference between enjoying this game and wanting to play it more vs shelving it and finding something that runs smoother.

i think it’s a great patch, they’re already working on the major issues it brought up, so all is well and good!

4 Likes

Patch overall was more positive than negative. It just had a few “wtaf” changes.
It appears those changes are being fixed.

1 Like

4 Likes

I like the removal of the damage cap because it just feels right to not be limited by a piece of code, but I believe no weapon should be able to reach this damage cap.

We’re talking about doing 255+ damage with a single hit within less of a second here, don’t forget that people. This amount of damage output should simply not be possible.

Why not? HS hit that on headshots ult before 108 beta. His boss damage was OK, and not really mind blowing.