Consecrating gear does not improve modifiers rating as listed

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
When you go to consecrate a weapon the consecration screen lists modifiers rating as improving with the next tier of the item. In reality this does not happen, items modifier power level remains the same.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. get an item of purple quality or lower
  2. go to the mechanicum person
  3. select said item and consecrate
  4. look that the updated version of the item has a rating range higher than the current range
  5. consecrate the item.
  6. look at newly consecrated item and see that its modifier rating did not change at all.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
not applicable
Platform:
steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
12/09/2022 3:10 pm central

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

2 Likes

I am even more confused:
Consecrating (upgrading) improves the power level/item rating. Thats a fact. Now what is the item rating? - The item rating is more or less the total pool of points for a weapon. These are then distributed more or less randomly among the five attributes of the weapon. OKAY.

That means, upgrading through the gold standard SHOULD also increase the numbers /percentages in the 5 weapon stats, e.g. increased damage or increased charge rate, as the “pool of points” increases. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. The item level rises - the numbers of the items stats DON’T.

Is that how its meant to be?!

1 Like

It is a visual bug. In levels with a blessing added the Item rating should stay the same and the blessing should show 25-55, since the blessing possible values are 25,35,45,55. That would match the power level range . In levels with a feat, the item rating remains the same and the feat should show 10-25.

If I get you right, the five core-stats of a given weapon/item like DAMAGE, CLEAVE … etc. are never going up by consecrating? (Well, they dont go up right now, but I dont see this is the way it is supposed to work).

Second, when it works as you say, why is somewhere else stated that…“item rating is more or less the total pool of points for a weapon. These are then distributed more or less randomly among the five attributes of the weapon.” ( I just cited myself,yes, but it can easily be found in the net).