Connection Time Out issues since patch 2.0.7

I’ve been having problems connecting to other players since the WoM 2.0.7 patch dropped. Over the last couple days I could connect to 1 out of a handful of games. This morning I managed to get into 2 games but haven’t been able to join a single one since. I can play with bots just fine I just can’t connect to anyone else.

I’ve tried verifying game files, resetting the router, port-forwarding, DNS flush, DNS change, contacting my ISP and nothing works. My brother has no issues joining other people on his computer on the same network, but he can’t join my games and I can’t join his. We can play other games together like Borderlands 2 and I have no connection issues outside this game.

I’ve run into bugs and crashes before, played since release so I’ve seen some things, but nothing like this. I’ve got 1200 hours logged. I love playing this game and I’d love to keep playing so I’d appreciate some help or a fix for whatever has caused this. Thanks.

1 Like

If your brother is playing on the same network and router and has no issues, I’d suspect this is due to something running on your PC. Can you think of anything that may be interfering with your connection? An over-zealous Anti-Virus/Firewall, VPN, Proxy? Maybe try Selective Startup:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Play Vermintide 2 as normal and see if the issues persist

The Selective Startup seems to work, got into 4 straight matches. I did a normal startup after a couple games and could still join people, not sure what changed if anything.

I had tried messing with AV/Firewall before I created this topic, setting up exceptions and disabling it altogether and neither worked. I don’t use VPN or Proxies. I’ve got software running for my headset, Logitech G430, but that’s never been an issue and I can’t find or think of anything else.

I guess I’ll keep playing and use this trick if this happens again. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.