Community Comm-Link 2nd March 2023

Rejects!

Last week we saw the arrival of Patch #4: Blessings of the Omnissiah, Hotfix 1.0.31, Hotfix 1.0.31+, and Hotfix 1.0.32 which brought a TON of changes, including the addition of Brunt’s Armoury, weapon balancing, earning blessings and more.

Next week we will release a small patch including small Psyker and Ogryn buffs, bug fixes, and some crash resolutions.

Towards the end of March, we will release a large patch - more details on this will be in the next Comm-Link, so stay tuned!

We also want to thank you for all the great feedback you gave while testing our new and improved Hunting Grounds Condition.

Now, onto some answers to questions asked by the Community this week…

Experimental branch

We are still testing the changes in the Experimental Branch, if you are having issues with GPU-related crashes, please consider looking at this post on our Forums!
We don’t currently have a timeframe for when we expect to add any of these changes to the main server. We will move things over when we know it has a solid impact on stability and won’t impact performance or gameplay. As soon as we are in a spot to add these, we will let you know!

Base rating of weapons for players at Level 30

Since the release of Patch #4 we’ve been busy monitoring the feedback and data regarding both item acquisition and the Shrine. For the patch next week we will make some small adjustments based on some of our findings. For characters at level 30, you will no longer see a weapon with a base rating of under 300 from the Armoury Exchange, Sire Melk’s Requisitorium, or through the Emperor’s Gift. The rest of the changes we are currently working on, we will cover in the patch notes next week.

Is it possible that icons for unlocked Blessings might be coming?

Yes, we’re currently developing the ability for you to see which blessings you have earned at the Shrine, and which blessings you still have yet to earn. You will be able to see the difference in all places where the blessing icon is present, including the Armoury Exchange and Sire Melk’s Requisitorium. Both the list of weapons, and on the larger detailed weapon card.

31 Likes

The base rating of weapons should be 360 to 380, not 300 to 380. No one at level 30 wants sub 360 rating weapons, we want close to or at max rating weapons.

Getting max rating weapons in Vermintide 2 was so much easier then what it is in Darktide. Darktide is so much more grindy in comparison. It’s pretty hard to make optimized builds.

Aside from that, yes give more Ogryn and Psyker buffs, they need them for sure. Maybe give Trauma Staff and Kickback more buffs as well, they still feel a bit underpowered compared to other weapon choices.

32 Likes

psyker buffs? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

4 Likes

Nice!

Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Keeping track of blessings will be a nice QoL, I’d be happy to see if there’s any intention to let players mitigate the layers of randomness they have to go through to make a build. For example in VT2 you’re guaranteed to eventually get a property combination if you haven’t gotten it after a certain amount of rolls.

7 Likes

Agreed. Getting a level 300 weapon feels like crap when you’re max level. The RNG in this game just sucks all the fun out of getting a new weapon. Zero respect for peoples’ time.

7 Likes

To play devil’s advocate here, if they are planning to go the route Vermintide 2 went with adding the Red legendary weapons they may be staving off from getting everyone’s weapons to max level on Transcendentent rarity.

Of course i could be wrong and they just raise the max level.

1 Like

Ogryn Cutlass when ?

2 Likes

They probably will add them at some point, why else would weapon stats stop at 80%? Maybe upgrading to red lets the stats go past 80%.

1 Like

that makes sense too, if they dont let us go over “80%” then 80% is really just 100%.

1 Like

Nah, it’s why you get so much currency at high difficulties, to buy more shots at a good base.

Re: weapon level ratings.

Compared to Vermintide 2 a big problem for Darktide is also how unknown the rating system feels. V2’s wasn’t explained super well, but once I knew how it worked I totally got it - it felt good to know that opening chests was always progressing the gear available to me, and that 300 was a very intuitively understandable power cap. In Darktide, there is nothing that suggests that 380 is the maximum, not to mention the weirdness of 80% being the cap for weapon values. I’m sure a lot of this feels weird because further updates will be coming at some point in the future, but every second the game is in its current state is one wherein the gear system feels confusing and unclear.

4 Likes

Are you saying I look like an Ogryn? :eyes:

8 Likes

Except for at higher character levels weapon costs increase, both in the Exchange and in Blunt’s random rolls.

Haha no, I just think it would be the appropriate size for an Ogryn to wield 1h

ngl I would so love some kind of two-handed non-chain/non-power scimitar/falchion for Zealot, I want a regular-old greatsword on that class incredibly badly

Yeah I am at the point where everything sub 370 is nothing more than an attempt to roll a blessing to surrender.

2 Likes

@FatsharkCatfish Nice :slight_smile: another good step in right direction and the steam reviews are slowly getting there.
However a 300 weapon is equally worthless than a 290 weapon, some RNG is good to keep the loot chase going but if you have to keep 300 there - why not give us Diamantine sink with which we either:

1. Guarantee 360+ roll on brunts armory
  2. Guarantee a 3+ blessing during upgrade
  3. Guarantee a 3+ Perk on reroll
  4. Upgrade blessings to higher level
  5. Buy a specific blessing

Everyone who plays on 4/5 has ABUNDANCE of Diamantine because there is no use for it.

Another VERY important thing I want to ask is - what is the Fatsharks stance on resource - weapons - blessing library sharing between classes?

5 Likes

I really would like to see a possibility to exchange diamantine / plasteel

Other than that… well good news here…

When cosmetics release? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahaha, it certainly feels like it - that thing is like 11 kgs

4 Likes