Community Comm-Link 16th March 2023

That’s the same amount of work as giving use a brand new weapon, and there are adding some weapon 2 they show here + some more that aren’t revealed

I think also having a staff dedicated to blades that also cause bleed damage would be good since it’s included in the lore.

Have crush staff, one that maybe effects the flow of time in a localized area causing a slow / dot field that withers away your enemy.

Maybe an alternative lighting staff that throws single target bolts with m1 and then m2 has large charged strikes which chain to a limited number of nearby enemies based off charge (like 1/2/3 based off charge amount) but does much higher damage to those effected.

They could also include force axes as those are mention in the tabletop games as something imperial agents can get.

I think just having a class that is made up of a “weapons team” which hauls in gear, sets it up, and then you have a heavy weapon would be goofy but it would also fit 40k.

1 Like

I know Biomancy has Hemorrhage spell, but I don’t remember such at least in 40k, I know that fantasy has a bunch of such spell, even Sienna could get one

Awesome! I have a weird comment which is that when when the fellas and I posse up for matches at 10-12PM EST there are very rarely any mission effects happening. I don’t know if these things happen on some kind of rotation but if they do perhaps that rotation might alternate somehow such that if you play at the same time every day you arent seeing the same set of modifiers. I’m talking about lights out, hounds etc. In the last 3 weeks we have only had one night where there was an effect on. Only last this week did my friends actually see the changes to the hound modifier.

Thanks!

1 Like

Are there any plans to address the gun balance in this patch as well?

Regarding the HUD - detailed information on player (ALL players) ammo and grenade reserves. Not just icons that leave us guessing.

Also, activation icons for weapon Blessings (including Stacks where appropriate).

With regards to the HUD, please give me an option to remove all of the keybind icons next to every HUD element.

They might be useful in a press demo where someone has never played the game, but they’re just clutter and I’m confident that no one actually looks at them, especially after a couple hours of play.

If I haven’t figured out that ‘F’ is my ability button or my ranged weapon is on ‘2’ by now, I’ve got other problems.

Similarly, icons for the weapons are completely redundant. it’s not like anyone will forget what their weapon choices are there’s nothing they can do about it even if they are curious.

The 3D first person models should be enough to tell the player what they have equipped.

Finally, with crafting material pickups, I’d rather they just showed up in the kill feed

Not hyped for a single-target force sword on a class that can’t defend itself vs hordes in CC because staggers interrupt staff charging. And the hammer we have now should get cleave on the special activation charge attack, releasing a new one with this just means the old one goes in the trash bin.
Hoping for some tweaks that address this before the patch drops.

Let’s hope this force sword also doesn’t have a dozen blessings on it.

1 Like

It most likely is in the same “family” as the current force Sword, like how the Catachan Swords share blessings

I doubt its single target focused, it will just have stabs like the other 2 duelling swords vs the slashing Mk V. Mechanically they even cleave the same (exception being Mk II’s cleaving vanguard heavy) despite some being slashes and some being stabs.

In other words its more fluff that could have just been in the game at launch. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a more CQB damage Lawbringer or a Plasma gun with better M1 but worse charged shots. If they had more exciting guns they’re gonna add why did they tease us with these 2 wet blankets.

No ETA on the cosmetic shop @catfish?

Also can we PLEASE for the love of the Emperor get rid of the perk re-roll system, and make it to where we can just pay a fee, and pick from the WHOLE LIST?

This current perk roll system might be one of the single most fruatrating things ive ever encountered in a modern video game.

Any plans to improve build diversity/viability for Psyker? Another force sword is a great step in the right direction, but It seems like it’ll fill the same niche as the current force sword. I’d like to see some of Psyker’s feats tweaked to give some additional incentive to use non-force weapons.

Yes! There will be balance changes in the upcoming patch.

3 Likes

@FatsharkCatfish Any word on performance and stability fixes in the coming patch? This is by far the worst area of the game for me right now and I’m not really interested in playing until I can reliably join a game.

Also, it went from “big March update” to “small content patch”. What gives?

@FatsharkCatfish Quick question: Are conversations continuing about additional, future improvement to the crafting system to reduce the RNG? It would be great to know if we can look forward to improvements to the RNG-insanity. Maybe not for the upcoming patch, but in the future?

3 Likes

Yeah i was using the Dark Heresy rulebook for reference and modifying it a bit. Psychic Blade | Extra Heresy Wiki | Fandom

I would say the sky is kind of the limit as far as Psyker powers on staffs go though since Inquisitor Martyr also had a ton of fairly unique ones.

So disappointing.

I will check back again in another month or so.

1 Like

Isn’t Extra Heresy a Fanmade/Homebrew wiki project ?

No it’s just a wiki for it. The actual reference for the ability itself is in page 177 of the official rulebook.