Community Comm-Link 16th March 2023

Rejects,

Last week we saw the release of Patch #5 and Hotfix 1.0.36, which were focused primarily on quality-of-life changes, bug fixes, and a couple of small buffs for Psyker and Ogryn.

Towards the end of March, we’ll release a *sizeable patch along with a small content drop containing some additional tools for you to help in the fight against the heretics of Tertium! - Here is a sneak peek of two of the weapons you will find included:

Ironhelm Mk IV Thunder Hammer - These Thunder Hammers have a weapon special that gives players some cleave before triggering some extra damage when stopping.

Deimos Mk II Blaze Force Sword - This Force Sword employs more of a thrusting attack pattern that is great against armoured, single-target enemies.

Furthermore we’ll be deploying a couple of new conditions (and some modified versions of already existing conditions), which you will be able to see on the Mission Board in the coming weeks.

Now onto some questions!

Material Pickup Prompt

We’ve seen the community feedback on the recent patch that added new notifications when picking up crafting resources. We’ll be looking at implementing a toggle for this option in the interim so you can choose to opt out of the notifications.

We’re also reviewing the HUD in general with how it works and providing both feedback and information - so please let us know your thoughts on the current HUD and what you would like to see going forward!

Can Opener Blessing

Some players have been asking about a bug with the Can Opener Blessing on the Foe-Rend Ripper Guns - we will add a bug fix in the upcoming content drop so that the brittleness will only be applied on a stab attack.

Alongside this bug fix, we’ll add a few buffs to the Foe-Rend Ripper Guns, including; doubling the stacks of brittleness per stab, increasing the stagger capabilities, increasing the damage and armour penetration per stab, and some changes to movement penalties.
Detailed patch notes will go live shortly after the content drop releases!

.* added after posting by Catfish for clarity

24 Likes

NEW FORCE SWORD :scream: it is real

1 Like

Does it means you canceled the release of the big patch that was announced?

EDIT: reminder of what was written:

Mine.
Will you fix the Rashad Combat axe?

5 Likes

cool now announce the perk and blessing lock removal update and a new enhanced gore update thanks

20 Likes

Thats it? Large march update is new TH (quite possibly objectively better version of the current one), new force sword and a bugfix?
Where rest?

4 Likes

About the material pickup prompt. Here’s something to consider:

• Ability to disable the sound completely and/or making it quieter.
  • Ability to disable the sound for your own pickups (why even is it a thing).
  • Instead of flooding the screen with a full name of the pickup and the same pic for all of them, how about just make it show the appropriate icon of what size a packet it was (and no name)? Much more compact.
2 Likes

We need two handed Ogryn weapons! We want to be like Crushers!

18 Likes

Agree. I would add about red weapons and really the highest (5) level of blessings and perks. Then we can talk about balance.

4 Likes

These arent patch notes it’s essentially a teaser. It was confirmed there will be more weapons included in the patch.

1 Like

Where is this information?

1 Like

Likely inconsistency in the wording but I would argue that 2+ new weapons alongside new/updated modifiers and whatever additional changes is pretty “large” compared to what we’ve had since launch.

1 Like

So there are going to be more weapon too, nice

1 Like

Are these weapons going to share blessings with existing Crucis/Obscurus variants? I also hope ‘of 2’ means there will be more, look at my boy Ogryn and his teeny gear selection. Also better brittleness sounds like a great change since the M1 spammers have degraded my Ripper craft but fix my poo scoop punch.

1 Like

Seeing as they follow the naming pattern, I’d tentatively guess yes

I REALLY wouldnt make my hopes up 99.99% its only those 2. If Fatshark had more substance to show, they would.
It will be couple of bugfixes.
2 weapons.
and another month of nothing

2 Likes

I mean that basically just seems like the current Thunderhammer but better unless the damage lower on the final impact. Model looks cool atleast, hopefully it shares blessings with the current set of hammers and isn’t totally isolated.

That’s kind of cool but wasn’t the force sword already kind of single target centric anyways with it’s ability locking enemies up like the chain sword? I will say im glad we are getting more melee anti armor options especially for psyker. Force axe would also be cool, hopefully once again blessings are shared.

Please going forward add a few more hud options for toggling and make a pivot towards smaller overall alerts in areas of the hud that aren’t being used. Like we have an entire top left and top right that doesn’t have anything in it, just don’t clog up the middle left and right of the screen with stuff when that’s literally the majority of where enemies and important stuff is.

Can we also get blessing icons back for when they activate? Those were really useful in VT2.

I mean yeah, i guess that’s fair.

Also wasn’t this supposed t be a fairly large patch that had a bunch of the ogryn / psyker buffs in it? Any news on that? Maybe changes to the current crafting system, some new maps, new class coming out at some point? It’s good that we are finally getting some new content but doesn’t feel like a whole ton of stuff when the wording was “large patch” in the last community com-link…

2 Likes

and when will that be?

Can you guys PLEASE fix some of these blessings? Warp Nexus’s peril points are completely borked and an intern could fix this in about 30m (generous). I gotta be honest i was expecting more balancing on a lot of the broken blessings, and a fix to weakspot damage/crit damage perks, among other things. There are some profoundly bad interactions in the game that have been here since day 1 release.

4 Likes

Way to make one more weapon basically useless.

3 Likes

If I read well… does this mean we could get more than two?

1 Like