C'mon, Fatshark. Don't make me look like a jerk by going to bat for you

Because it’s gonna make it real hard to do it again.

Most of your fans are telling other people to spend their time and money on your competitors,myself included. I’m willing to change that, but you need to convince me - and everyone - that you’re worth defending.

HD2 exploded with one ad and, overwhelmingly, by word of mouth. I dunno why you guys don’t understand that reputation is more valuable than anything else around here but c’mon.

9 Likes

Previous Fatshark blunders have made me pretty apathetic towards them. The few times I dare to get excited by something, they come swooping in and crushing it.

9 Likes

Instructions unclear, they’re releasing another set of reskinned cosmetics for $20 apiece and failing to meet the deadline of ‘say something about the game’s planned trajectory’.

I honestly think Darktide and Fatshark in general are run by people who are fine with mediocrity. They don’t care if their game remains niche, if they’re clearly inferior to other developers, if their fans abandon them. They can maintain a semi-steady supply of whales and they’ve already made back their dev costs and more.

3 Likes

But i don’t think they have recouped their costs. They had to sell to Tencent to keep the doors open.

I think if FS wasn’t so dysfunctional, then you’d be correct about covering the cost of development. But FS now has somebody they’re on the hook to, more thsn just us, and they tend to slowly drain cash until they have to launch early justbto keep the lights on, over and over and over.

No, I think FS is screwed. I think other games are taking their lunch and their shareholders are gonna point at the significantly larger pie other games are pulling and go “Well what about that?”

5 Likes

Seeing as they’ve grown since Vt1, I don’t think they’re on the dying side. And Darktide/Prem shop is successful, even with server cost and Ip cost…

It’s just that FS is mismanaged, slow, and had to show good graces to GW for everything they do

4 Likes

fatshark riding the coatails of “this game will be game of the year in a few years time”

1 Like

fatshark says nothing and does nothing, Perk trees, stims and decent crafting system should have been built into the game before this was even aloud to release. This is basic fundamental gameplay not even added until years later stuff and we still only have two of the three. It took two years after release to feel like it was out of beta this feels like 1.0

WTF is going on here Arrowhead Studio’s have half the staff and resources of fatshark and they’re rolling out patches twice a week and new toys and content on a regular basis they communicate with the community, and they monetize fairly. For 10 bucks you get three suits of armor, three guns some premium currency back which can be grinded for in game not to mention cosmetics on top of that all it takes 20 bucks to get one skin here!

This game is totally mid at best this is a 5 maybe, MAYBE a 6 out of 10 Helldivers is easily a 9 out of 10 it’s one of the most addicting games I’ve ever played it’s a blast this is just a rather generic shooter that at this point is just live service to justify milking us. This game has all the monetization and grind of a live service with none of the perks or promises that live service offers.

Helldivers has a freaking dungeon master and is weaving a story in real time with lore added based on our wins and losses it’s live service because without it the entire galactic war wouldn’t work and the game wouldn’t function as intended whereas here its just to gut us.

1 Like

Core gameplay is about the same for each games in terms of mission length, co-op, and Fun.

But Darktide came out underbaked and hasn’t caught up quickly enough while HD2 hit the ground running, and HD2 managed to both understand the ‘live’ in live service AND keep the monetization in a way that people actually like, while Darktide basically shot every support system around the core gameplay in the foot.

3 Likes

Truth dog truth

I didn’t realize how bad it was untill I saw what could have been

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.