Character Select Crashes the Game 100% of the time

Issue Type (Required):

Error - Backend Error

Issue Description (Required):

Good day,
The last few days since August 21st I’ve been unable to get passed the Character select screen.
I’ve Reinstalled the game multiple times, Verified the game multiple times.
Tried with Different GPU’s between AMD RX 6700 and RTX 3080 (Used DDU each time before changing GPU’s and when preforming clean installations of different versions of AMD and Nvidia drivers)
Deleted AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2 a couple of times to load in but only allowed as Saltzpyre and no other, as I load into a mission it crashes to desktop aswell, If I delete the folder and try another hero it crashes back to Hero Selection screen and the loop continues.
I’ve tried everything that is provided in this link: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021422873--PC-How-to-Resolve-Crashes-in-Vermintide-2
Only reason i’ve come to the conclusion it might be a backend error problem is that some recent post by other players and their issue description is exactly whats happening on my end.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID: 6df119a1-c5f3-4aaa-86bc-9113ae18956c
Log File:
Info Type:

[PC] Upload Console Log & vermintide2_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2024-08-25-09.11.29-6df119a1-c5f3-4aaa-86bc-9113ae18956c.log (126 KB)
vermintide2_launcher.log (234 KB)
crash_dump-2024-08-25-09.11.29-6df119a1-c5f3-4aaa-86bc-9113ae18956c.dmp (717 KB)
user_settings.config (7.57 KB)

@Kiewiet, sorry to hear this. I can see that your account data has become corrupted. I’ve requested for one of our backend developers to repair this for you.

As it’s Sunday, it’ll likely be picked up tomorrow. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

@Kiewiet good news! Our backend developer has been able to repair your account data already. Can you please check again now and let me know if the issue is resolved? Thanks!

1 Like

That’s great news! I’ve checked and it all works again. Thank you Lev for the haste in supporting me with this problem.
Problem is resolved.
:grin: :rat:

1 Like

Perfect :slight_smile: np and happy rat-bashing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.