It’s very obvious that the assassin rat is based on the Hunter in L4D2, I’m making this comparison to point a few things out.
- The hunter was completely silent unless prone and ready to pounce.
- When it did pounce it made a loud roar noise.
- If you were able to stun it, it would be staggered for a few moments so you could kill it.
- The assassin rat makes loud obnoxious noise when it spawns in, or is on the map where you cannot pin point its location.
- It makes no warning noise when it’s ready to strike.
- It makes no warning noise when it pounces.
- It recovers incredibly fast after you shove it, where it can essentially pounce you before your attack lands.
- If it fails its attack it can teleport away to complete safety and attack you from some random location.
It’s surprising to me how much the assassin rat has going for it considering it’s in a melee focused game whereas the Hunter was in a FPS game.
At the very least, I’d like it to not recover so fast after being stunned by a shove and to remove the ability to teleport. Assassin Rats are not winds of magic users so I fail to see why it should have the ability to vanish into thin air. I also would love for that loud obnoxious skittering noise it makes when it’s in game to go away, instead I’d rather it spawn in complete silence but have warnings when it’s ready to strike or has pounced, which would be more suited to the assassin rat, instead of that loud noise it makes when it’s on the map in my opinon.