Can Disablers no clip through Elite density?

In Vermintide 2, this is one of the most annoying things about the game. Hope it’s not in Darktide.

2 Likes

To be fair, it is mostly Skaven and Chaos specials which no clip through enemies. Beastmen on the other hand are better designed and do interact with their respective allies (pushback from banner, Bestigor kicking horde out of way).

So it seems to me that newer enemies are more likely to interact with enemy mass. But yea, assassins jumping through a boss is very annoying. It is a shame that they couldnt invest some time to make the design and function of older units as good as the beastmen.

3 Likes

Getting bodged through a Chaos Warrior is high on my list of instant-rage.

But a hook rat being inch perfect hooking you through SIGMAR-knows-what is top tier BS.

1 Like

I think they will its ridiculous too expect specials to path perfectly around hordes and individual mobs

I agree with that, but I really agree with @Adelion in that FS should’ve designed specials that don’t have the mechanic of being absolute f*cking BS assassin wingsuit from space to land directly on your face. Have some other mechanics.

1 Like

Individual Elites do it.

1 Like

I circumvent that problem by tagging at random into the horde when I hear a hook rat approaching in order to time a dodge, but it would be pretty nice if they at least acknowledged Chaos warriors in their pathing since they’re the biggest elites.
In Darktide they might have better pathing ; the biggest elites I’ve seen in the trailers are the shield-wielding half-ogryn guys, and they’re MASSIVE. It would be pretty lousy if they’re allowed to just noclip right these huge guys.

2 Likes

And also no Gutter Runners leaping through a Chaos Patrol and Boss at the same time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I think a way that remain easy (ish) while still working quite nicely would be that Disabler push away the other units

That way they just have to use the shoved animation that already exist and proc them when the Disabler is near and move the other units away

2 Likes

Necromancy aside, this is a memorable quote:

1 Like

It’s not wrong, the Beastmen special are the only one that don’t ghost through their allies

2 Likes

Yeah, I accidentally necro’d the thread. Forgot to check the date and went to the next suggested post at the bottom. Embarrassing.

That made me seriously chuckle.