Bug: Using GameStop Xbox controller, game is receiving right trigger input randomly

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

I am having this issue randomly but consistently. When using a melee weapon, the weapon will spontaneously go into repeated, prolonged heavy attacks one after another. Other inputs are not blocked - you can still block, dodge, swap weapons, etc. If you pull the right trigger a few times, it will go into light attacks, which sometimes will break the heavy attack cycle and the weapon will idle normally. However, after a random interval with no visible input, the weapon will sometimes go back into repeated heavy swings.

In the Psykhanium, this sometimes also happens with weapons that have full-auto on right trigger hold (notably the recon lasgun), but I have yet to experience the issue with a ranged weapon in mission.

Steps to Reproduce:

No idea. This has happened consistently across both Veteran and Preacher using a variety of weapons. It doesn’t have every mission but it’s probably 75% or greater. The melee weapon doesn’t matter.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

All

Platform:

Steam

Player ID:

GamerTag - JT_Frog

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

began as soon as i started using a controller during the beta and has been consistent since hten

Reproduction Rate:

Often - 75% or more of missions it will happen at least once

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:

console-2022-11-18-04.51.43-02978a4f-c7ec-4d52-941a-952b79586e63.log (301.8 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

darktide_launcher.log (582.3 KB)

Thank you for your report. Just to confirm, you don’t have this issue in any other game?

Correct, have not encountered this issue in any other game.

1 Like