Brutal Momentum and Deathblow work incorrectly or are misdescribed

Issue Description:
Brutal Momentum on combat axe can only damage 4 targets

This blessing used to allow the axe to hit a large number of targets when the blessing was activated, but now, this blessing can only damage 4 targets.

Although the blessing changed from lasting for a while to only one attack with a weak spot kill, the description is still to ignore the hit mass of the target, rather than just adding a certain cleave.

However, after testing the comparison between the same kind of blessing Deathblow and the Savage Sweep on the Heavy Sword, it is clear that the Savage Sweep increases the number of targets far more than the Deathblow.

Apparently this kind blessing is no longer ignore enemy hit mass, but a small increase in the cleave.

Is this a description error, or is there a bug in the blessing itself?

1 Like

Well there is a slim chance the weapon you use are target capped, so no more hit beyond 4 target whatsoever…

I’ve heard that Brutal Momentum has a target cap of around four, then goes back to normal. Pretty sure that’s intentional to not let BM axes rip through and decapitate the entire horde in one swing.

If the problem is a target cap that should probably be considered a bug because every other target cap I know of was removed in the last patch.

From what I understand, what they removed was the cleave damage cap, meaning if you can hit that enemy, you’ll deal damage. However, combat axes have basically no cleave, so you’ll never actually be hitting that many enemies. It’s that the BM blessing only lets you ignore the hit mass of the target 4 times in one swing.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the upper limit of weapons, because similar tests on heavy sword show that the Savage Sweep is better than the Deathblow, clearly exceeding the upper limit of the Deathblow.
And the Deathblow and the Brutal Momentum are basically the same blessing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.