Brain Burst and trauma needs a rework

Its been said. I don’t care. Needs reiteration obviously
Using brainburst as is is terrible. All the veterans just use the glow and go “0h hey, a head”. It’s literally just a target for others at the cost of your peril right now, and nothing p***es me off more rn in the game than when I get 40% with 0 pop!!! 0 damage… 0.0001 seconds of CC on a single target! The worst part is it happens more than not and heaven forbid one of your godbots are in the map. might as well just sit on my thumb and wiggle. Forget building up stacks pre 25, and that’s only if you take kinetic flayer.
On top of that… it’s our GRENADE… why is it single target? I understand it having the AoE of the other grenades would be kinda broken. but make it like… hit 4 people or let it get 3 different locks? Use the stronger “charge” one (RMB) specifically for single target. or make it default to having AoE soulfire stacks with elites giving multiple. The veteren gets to apply EIGHT stacks of bleeding with their nade from a perk.
Also it does no good to show the brain burst to other players. Players will always be toxic and find a way to be competitive. Maybe me and 3 other people will attack a different target when we see it.

The trauma staff? Not bad… but it seems people use the marker for that as well… maybe make the marker only visible to the player. it causes no damage to friendlies so they don’t need to see it. soooo many bullrushes just as I click the button to hit… ground. Side note: with the slow firing rate of staves, I’d prefer a faster projectile. (not needed but definitely would be good for QoL)

I’m not trying to be angry or grumpy but I’ve always been a mage lover and this mage is kinda limited.
Sorry for the rant, but I hate not wanting to play my favorite class.

Edit: Literally made a forum account just for this. (x2) and had to fix the post itself. it was hurting my OCD. lol

Edit 3? 4? 5? Lost count at this point. If someone from Fatshark reads this and feels like actually getting constructive criticism, y’all know my e-mail address. I know I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I do y’all actually engaging but I’m still cool with offering. lol

1 Like

Yeah from what I’ve seen the Psyker is just a weaker version of Veteran, there is no reason to play Psyker over the Vet other than just theme as they can just do all the things you do but better.

there is no reason to play Psyker over the Vet

This is not true.

Is Brain Burst useless at diff 4 and 5? Yes.

Is Soulblaze worthless at the current state? Yes.

HOWEVER There is one thing in the game that currently makes Psykers viable.

And that is the surge staff

There are two builds for it. Either you go through the Kinetic Flayer + Quicken loop, trying to utilize your ability as much as you can or you go through the Inner Tranquility + Warp Battery + Kinetic Barrage route to stay at high warp charges.

You become an absolute CC beast making sure nothing touches your team, and that my friend is a glorious purpose since at higher difficulties you get downed for letting the enemy even sneeze on you.

Outside of monstrosities and bosses, the surge staff will perma stun lock ANYTHING in the game (and multiple at the same time) making elites & specials practice targets for the rest of the team.

I agree with you, but I also agree with Chex. a glass cannon should be about the boom, however yes the CC is awesome. Will not argue that on any day… But that’s not the point of the topic. lol

Well yes, it’s a bit wonky that you have a game full of all these cool guns and mechanics and all but at the end of the day, what makes one class (psyker) viable is one single staff.

I guess Fatshark should nerf the surge staff so that it would be in line with the rest of Psyker’s kit. /s

1 Like