Bolter, to nerf or to not nerf... that is the question

Thanks for correcting me… you’re right about this and I agree.

I follow you on this… i have seen also several that don’t know that you can shoot single and were wasting ammos in the entire mission (and trying to pick every ammo they can see on map).

Lol… brunt armoury, since the patch, is just a robber. It made me return at tracking the shop to hope for a grey or a green weapon… and now we have less choices as the blue weapons get only T1 and T2 blessings. I created a thread about this here.

EU also. But as I said, Bolter was the weapon I encountered the most for veteran.
But I also can say that I see more and more psykers…

Now I will let this thread going on and just read for several days. I repeat that, and this is my personal opinion:

• I don’t want to make the bolter inefficient… I think that it needs to stay a true damage dealer
  • As Deisu said, I want that each weapon has a niche value
  • I think that the several threads we can see about “this weapon suck” “this weapon needs love” etc. could be linked to the too strong weapons (not only the damage side, but by the fact they have no weakness) even if I think that several weapons should get love (like revolver and shotgun should have more ammos)
  • I agree that the bolter should not be the nightmare of bulwark (and that it should be plasma gun that would have this role). But the bolter should be able to be used against it, but maybe without being so efficient
  • I have thrown two ideas: making the reload longer (after this thread and considering several posts, I am not sure it would be so great), make it less precise at long range when you use it in single shot (and here I think it could be something that would solve everything). There’s also an idea, that I think is good, that the bolter should not be so efficient against bulwark (as said above)

I could add… what I think is not important. What the community thinks is more… and what FS thinks on this topic (and other concerning weapons balance) is what will be binding on us.

2 Likes